Join now - be part of our community!

VAIO VGN-BX41XN motion eye camera not working

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
ruthmb80
Visitor

VAIO VGN-BX41XN motion eye camera not working

Hi, I have been given a Vaio VGN-BX41XN laptop. It originally had Windows Vista but my sister took this off and installed Windows 7 for me, as I use this at work. I cannot get the built-in "Motion eye" webcam to work. have downloaded the asVAIO update from the Sony website but this hn't helped.

When I looked on the device manager - I discovered that the motion eye camera is not listed in the imaging devices. What can I do??

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi ruthmb80,

To attempt to get the camera recognised try the following:

Open Device Manager > expand Universal Serial Bus Controllers > right click each item listed in the tree and select uninstall. Shut down, remove power adaptor and battery and then hold down the power button for 30 seconds. Re-attach battery and power adaptor and reboot. Windows will reinstall the USB controller drivers.This procedure will not affect any of your personal data or software.

Hopefully the camera will then be recognised, if it is but there is then a warning symbol against this in Device Manager try reinstalling the camera driver from the original Vista drivers package.

http://www.sony.co.uk/support/en/product/VGN-BX41XN/updates

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi ruthmb80,

To attempt to get the camera recognised try the following:

Open Device Manager > expand Universal Serial Bus Controllers > right click each item listed in the tree and select uninstall. Shut down, remove power adaptor and battery and then hold down the power button for 30 seconds. Re-attach battery and power adaptor and reboot. Windows will reinstall the USB controller drivers.This procedure will not affect any of your personal data or software.

Hopefully the camera will then be recognised, if it is but there is then a warning symbol against this in Device Manager try reinstalling the camera driver from the original Vista drivers package.

http://www.sony.co.uk/support/en/product/VGN-BX41XN/updates

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat