Join now - be part of our community!

Vaio VGN BZ21VN

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
Rohan_Lindsay
Visitor

Vaio VGN BZ21VN

Hi, My VGN BZ21VN 15 month old is starting to grind and click rather alarmingly - any answers? It sometimes goes quiet for some time but then starts up again.  The sound is irregular and slightly metallic.  Is it the fan or the hard-drive?

Rohan

Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi Rohan,

welcome to Questions & Answers..:smileyhappy:

Unfortunately it's hard to say without looking at the Vaio as it could be either..:smileysad:

If you vaio is still within warranty it may be worth contacting Vaio support.

Or if your Vaio is out of warranty then you can either contact one of Sony's authorised repairers to find contact details for Sony Vaio support..

Open Vaio support, either by clicking Support at the top of this page or use the following link:Vaio support

Under Log-in option 1: Enter your vaio models serial number, which you should find on the bottom of your Vaio.

Then click Log-In

Once logged select Get In Touch

Then Click on the Out of Warranty tab to locate the nearest location.

Or even try your local PC repairer for a quote..

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi Rohan,

welcome to Questions & Answers..:smileyhappy:

Unfortunately it's hard to say without looking at the Vaio as it could be either..:smileysad:

If you vaio is still within warranty it may be worth contacting Vaio support.

Or if your Vaio is out of warranty then you can either contact one of Sony's authorised repairers to find contact details for Sony Vaio support..

Open Vaio support, either by clicking Support at the top of this page or use the following link:Vaio support

Under Log-in option 1: Enter your vaio models serial number, which you should find on the bottom of your Vaio.

Then click Log-In

Once logged select Get In Touch

Then Click on the Out of Warranty tab to locate the nearest location.

Or even try your local PC repairer for a quote..

Rohan_Lindsay
Visitor

Thanks for your reply.  My Vaio out of supplier's warranty but I read somewhere recently that Sony were replacing noisy fans of Vaio VGN BZ series up to 4 years after purchase.  I'll try that.

Are you part of Sony or are you just that sort of guy who like helping people?  Either way, it is much appreciated.

jaliley
Visitor

Hi I had a similar problem with my bz21vn, almost deafening noises. fortunately i had a 2 year warranty. when I phoned service centre I did manage to assertain there was a general problem with fans on this model and they replaced mine.

hope you managed to get your problem sorted.