Join now - be part of our community!

Vaio VGN-FE21S - Can't get my screensaver to work

echomaster
Visitor

Vaio VGN-FE21S - Can't get my screensaver to work

Although I have set up a screensaver by going into START, CONTROL PANEL, DISPLAY, SCREENSAVER and SETTINGS etc I can't get the screensaver facility to work after the set period of time.

I know most of you guys might think this is a very simple procedure but it's a huge hurdle to a technological no-brain like me :smileyblush: - can anybody out there help me?

5 REPLIES 5
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi echomaster

In Start > Control panel > Display > Screensaver, next to the settings button click on the preview button (don't move your mouse after clicking the preview button or the preview will not work!!)

Does the screen saver run ?

Have you tried a different screen saver.?

echomaster
Visitor

Hi echomaster

In Start > Control panel > Display > Screensaver, next to the settings button click on the preview button (don't move your mouse after clicking the preview button or the preview will not work!!)

Does the screen saver run ?

Have you tried a different screen saver.?

Hi Thalamus,

Yes that's what's confusing about it when I click the preview button the preview plays OK but when I leave my laptop on for the set time for it to kick in automatically it doesn't :thinking: .

I have tried other screensaver - even the usual flowerbox thing as well as davinci (that came with the laptop) but none of them work.

echomaster
Visitor

Oh well, guess I was mistaken, this aint a simple problem so I suppose it's a trip to PC World and get conned out of my money. :slight_frown:

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi echomaster,

It could be an application that is preventing the screensaver from kicking in.

Try disabling all but the most necessary applications at startup (using msconfig > Startup Tab) and then reboot. If the screensaver then works it will be a matter of trial and error to eliminate the culprit(s).

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
echomaster
Visitor

Hi Rich912,

Thanks for that I'll have a go and see if this resolves my problem.