Join now - be part of our community!

VAIO VGN-NW21SF/T WINDOWS 7 ERROR 0xc000000e

profile.country.pt_PT.title
filipe2747
Visitor

VAIO VGN-NW21SF/T WINDOWS 7 ERROR 0xc000000e

Hello,

I would like to ask you help in order to recover Windows 7 with all software installed after error 0xc000000e, without Recovery Disc neither F8 function on Boot, whith only F10 function and Linux Boot Software Disc Software. I believe I have to restore MBR however I didn't find any way to do it.

Best regards.

Tags (2)
4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi filipe2747,

I assume that the F10 option to enter the Recovery Utility does not work? If you require recovery disks then you will need to contact support.

If it is only the Master Boot Record (MBR) that has been corrupted you will need to download a Windows 7 Repair Disk from HERE (assuming that you are using 64 bit OS) and burn the ISO image to DVD.

Then have look at the following link for the repair procedure.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/927392

Edit: if /FixMbr fails to resolve the problem then use the /FixBoot option.

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
filipe2747
Visitor

Hello,

I would like to thank your fast answer. In fact that is F8 that is not functioning and I ask you if this function is recoverable before save data with F10 and use of your file. I already did a copy of work files with a Bit Defender rescue disc but it wasn't possible to save Outlook.pst because not findable. I hope F10 back the file.

Best regards.

Filipe Machado

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi filipe2747,

I know of no means to recover the F8 function without either a system restore or an MBR restore. Nor of course is there any guarantee that an MRB restore will solve your problem.

Although a data backup is always a good idea before any procedure of this type this process should not affect any data or program installed on the hard drive.

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
filipe2747
Visitor

Hello,

I got the recovery disks and I recovered the F8 function however the restore of the function, wich allowed the use of comand prompt with copy of important files, and after bootrec.exe with /fixmbr, /fixboot and /rebuild forced the lost of F10 function, the impossibility of start from DVD drive and boot from WINDOWS RE in x:\windows\system32. I tried the copy of BCD for several directories of d:, where is all information of c:, but the problem is not solved after all these procedures and startup repair doesn't repair anything.

Best regards.

filipe2747