Join now - be part of our community!

VAIO VPCF24C5E & Windows 8

profile.country.GB.title
James_Ransford
Explorer

VAIO VPCF24C5E & Windows 8

Hi all.

I wanted to upgrade to Windows 8 from Windows 7 and having searched on the support site I found that my model was eligible for Sony's upgrade kit. I ran the upgrade kit and proceded to purchase Windows 8. Trouble is I purchased the home version and not the pro version which I found out does not provide the option of upgrading while keeping settings and apps. Because of this I could not run the upgrade kit after installing Windows 8. When realising this I recovered my computer to factory state and then purchased a key for the pro version of Windows 8. But found that I could not apply the pro version until AFTER installing the original version! (Yeah a ***** up I know!)

So I still had the same problem in that I cannot use the upgrade kit to install the correct drivers for Windows 8.

Since this I decided I would delete all the partitions and do a clean Install. Everything is working like a custard cream (dream) and all the devices have been recognised, except some of the FN keys do not work and the device manager cannot find a driver for 'Base System' and there is another unknown device. Also things like battery care are not available to me any more.

I wonder if anyone can shed any light on what device I am missing a driver for and what driver I need to download from the support site.

Thanks for reading. :slight_smile:

0 REPLIES 0