Join now - be part of our community!

Very disappointed with Sony's customer service

SOLVED
profile.country.sk_SK.title
pajdaman
New

Very disappointed with Sony's customer service

With SONY Customer Service I am very disappointed how they communicate and how they treat their customers. I will rethink twice before buying from Sony again. I've had the worst experience with Sony. I was dealing with Apple and Toshiba customer service and their services were quick and precise, what I cannot say about sony...

Recently I bought S class SONY laptop. (That time it was almost most expensive S class laptop which cost around 1400 Euros). After few weeks of using the camera stopped working and I had to send laptop for repair.

The issue started after laptop returned from repair. They replaced motherboard, camera and camera cables. After that camera was working fine, but after few days the glue that holds plastics on the screen sides got loose. There became a big gap on every side of the screen, it was very uncomfortable to use.

So I had to call the customer support again. They asked me to send laptop again to service. So I sent them a laptop  for inspection. After couple of days they called that laptop will be glued and returned. I said I want brand new device or money back. They agreed that they will give me my money back and asked for receipt and bank account where money will be sent. So I sent them all information. On the next day I received a call from support. The man calling was very arrogant and rude and told me they will not return me any money, They will just glue the laptop and send it back. That's it. NO MONEY BACK with very rude voice. I said I do not want this laptop back. I requested for replacement or money back or I will call trade inspection. My request was REJECTED and they will just send repaired laptop back..

When laptop returned after couple of days the glue got loose again and there was a big gap on every side of the screen. I called customer support again and asked that I want money back otherwise I will call Trade Inspection. They said they need laptop for inspection. So I sent them laptop for 3rd time. They agreed that they will return me my money, but I have to send them receipt. Come on? I already sent them receipt so why I have to send it one more time?! They replied that it got lost... So I sent them receipt again and that they will return me money after inspection. After couple of days they called again. Again person was very rude and arrogant and he said they will just glue it again and send it back. NO MONEY BACK with very rude voice.

I said I do not accept. I want my money back or I will call Trade Inspection. The guy said they need to consult it and put me on hold. After couple of seconds’ man replied that they need to send laptop again for inspection. The day I was calling was Friday and person said they will call me on Monday and will let me know about the result. On Monday nobody called me so I called them on Tuesday. The man replied that the laptop is still under inspection and they do not have result and do not know when the result will be..

Today it is Wednesday and I have no laptop and no money... Mentioning that I am doing business and have no PC and losing customers and profits.. Also I did not receive any replacement laptop for the time it is in service...

I own lot of Sony products (TV, audio, playstation…) and all the time I was buying SONY products everybody was smiling and were very friendly what I CANNOT say about SONY Customer Service.

This is very disappointing and I will rethink twice before buying from Sony again!

Message was edited by: pajdaman

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi pajdaman,

welcome to Questions & Answers..:smileyhappy:

Just so you are aware this is a user 'support' forum and therefore you are unlikely to get a reply from Sony here..

That being said your post has been escalated to one of our contacts in Sony & hopefully someone should be in contact soon..:smileywink:

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi pajdaman,

Just so you are aware this is a user 'support' forum and therefore you are unlikely to get a reply from Sony here..

That being said your post has been escalated to one of our contacts in Sony & hopefully someone should be in contact soon..:smileywink:

pajdaman
New

Hi Thalamus,

So finally after long long talks with support they agreed to return the money..

But still the way they were communicating before was very inappropriate.

I also got reply from Sony support on my mail, they asked for serial number and case number to chase..

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

pajdaman wrote:

Hi Thalamus,

So finally after long long talks with support they agreed to return the money..

But still the way they were communicating before was very inappropriate.

I also got reply from Sony support on my mail, they asked for serial number and case number to chase..

Excellent glad to read things are moving along in the right direction..:smileyhappy:

As I mentioned above Sony are aware of the problems you have been having, hence the email asking for your case number,  & are looking into your case to see what went wrong & hopefully prevent the same thing happening to anyone else..

Could you let us know when you actually get your refund pleas.?

pajdaman
New

Last Friday, after long long talks they agreed to return the money – Today it is Friday again and no phone call or  email from Sony about money refund. 

So I call support again but what they told is embarrassing. Agent told me that they found no issue on laptop and laptop will be sent to me back again without any repair.

No refund was mentioned claiming they have no information about that. I have all calls recorded even the last one where they claimed all money will be returned. That's enough I am going to contact trade inspection.

I liked Sony before, because I did not have chance to deal with customer support before, but things have changed. This is UNBELEIVALBE!

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

pajdaman wrote:

Last Friday, after long long talks they agreed to return the money – Today it is Friday again and no phone call or  email from Sony about money refund. 

So I call support again but what they told is embarrassing. Agent told me that they found no issue on laptop and laptop will be sent to me back again without any repair.

No refund was mentioned claiming they have no information about that. I have all calls recorded even the last one where they claimed all money will be returned. That's enough I am going to contact trade inspection.

I liked Sony before, because I did not have chance to deal with customer support before, but things have changed. This is UNBELEIVALBE!

Hi,

thanks for the update, let me try to get someone to check this for you..

pajdaman
New

Today I received an email from Sony that my laptop was repaired and will be shipped back to me...  especially when they told me last week that they will return money,, That’s  WEIRD, isn't it?

profile.country.de_CH.title
zorrochen
Visitor

Reading the original message and this thread, and speaking from experience spending costly months trying to escalate issues, I do find it sad that Sony Support is so Customer Unfriendly.

First Level Support seems to be engaged in willfully confusing the customer - who is being supported here? Are they paid by not letting case-ids through.

2nd Level Support has more competence - but can go missing for weeks (workload/motivation?)

Repair Contractors - there is no coordination. Despite having my machine at the same contractor 3 times, and the machine being covered in stickers, the last repairman had no knowledge of the repair history. Repair contractors perhaps have an interest in expensive repairs.

Sony should make the whole experience Customer Friendly and more transparent - and come clean on design issues, e.g. Toyota recalls.

After owning Vaio-Zs in various incarnations since 2000 I have now moved to Apple.

Shame really.

Message was edited by: zorrochen

profile.country.en_GB.title
libirch49
Visitor

I totally agree with you. Sony support is non existant!!!! I have now sent 2 emails to them re my brand new (Windows 😎 VAIO SVE1512C5E & they cannot bother even to respond. The phone no doesn't work. I too thought that buying direct from Sony, this time, would be better so I could deal with them direct if I had a problem. Fat lot of good that is.

I only bought the laptop a few weeks ago & have been fighting it since receiving it last week.

I've got 3 problems:

1. I cannot view my media files at all, so can't look at You Tube, Facebook or run anything that is a media file. I just get a blank screen. I am, supposed to have, Flash Player 11.1 so they should run, but they don't.

2. IntelAppUp - what the hell is this all about? With trying to find out how to solve other things I keep on clicking on this, which then sticks permanently. The "close" doesn't work, so I can only get rid of it by Ctrl-Alt-Delete.

3. My internet connection doesn't work properly. All I keep on getting when trying to load a web site is "Internet Connection not functioning". When I press "troubleshoot" it then comes up telling me there is no problem & telling me to "close troubleshoot". When I do that my web site appears. It is driving me nuts!

My husband purchased a desk top from PC World a few days after I received my lap top, & he is having no problems whatsoever.

If I don't get help within the next 24 hrs heads will roll.........

Lisa

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

libirch49 wrote:

I totally agree with you. Sony support is non existant!!!! I have now sent 2 emails to them re my brand new (Windows 😎 VAIO SVE1512C5E & they cannot bother even to respond. The phone no doesn't work. I too thought that buying direct from Sony, this time, would be better so I could deal with them direct if I had a problem. Fat lot of good that is.

I only bought the laptop a few weeks ago & have been fighting it since receiving it last week.

I've got 3 problems:

1. I cannot view my media files at all, so can't look at You Tube, Facebook or run anything that is a media file. I just get a blank screen. I am, supposed to have, Flash Player 11.1 so they should run, but they don't.

2. IntelAppUp - what the hell is this all about? With trying to find out how to solve other things I keep on clicking on this, which then sticks permanently. The "close" doesn't work, so I can only get rid of it by Ctrl-Alt-Delete.

3. My internet connection doesn't work properly. All I keep on getting when trying to load a web site is "Internet Connection not functioning". When I press "troubleshoot" it then comes up telling me there is no problem & telling me to "close troubleshoot". When I do that my web site appears. It is driving me nuts!

My husband purchased a desk top from PC World a few days after I received my lap top, & he is having no problems whatsoever.

If I don't get help within the next 24 hrs heads will roll.........

Lisa

Hi Lisa,

I have raised your issue to one of our contacts in Sony so hopefully someone from Sony support should be in contact with you soon..

Once Sony have been in contact could you please update us..

Or if contact from Sony is not made in a day or two then please let us know..