Join now - be part of our community!

Vga Doesn´t Work [:((]

andrepetrucci
Visitor

Vga Doesn´t Work [:((]

Hello ,
Im portuguese , and today i was in sony portugal , and they can´t resolve my problem !!!:smileyconfused:
I have a Lcd Samsung LE32T5 and when i conect a VGA Cable, works only a few seconds, 10sec maybe.
I suposed is my Lcd , but is not , i try to conect another computer and everything ok , that´s work, and my vaio VGNFE21M doesn´t work!!!
Whot can i do , the notebook is new have 2 days, and i dont understan, today in sony store , they conected in sony lcd , and work fine, why doesn´t work in my lcd samsung .
Help me please!!
Ps : i disable the plug and play auto in vaio , but , is the same problem.

*sorry my bad english [:">]

8 REPLIES 8
profile.country.GB.title
jammold
Explorer

Hello!

Your English is fine. :smileygrin:

As for your problem with the external VGA input, the problem seems related to your external LCD (Samsung) display as the staff at the Sony shop tested another external LCD without issue.

Try resetting your display resolution to 1024x768 on the external LCD screen, or lower, as the resolution that your VAIO maybe providing could be too high for your external LCD which explains why the display switches off after a short amount of time.

What size is the external LCD screen (in inches)?

EDIT: Let me know if that works, if not you will have to send in the unit for Sony to investigate the problem.

andrepetrucci
Visitor

James,

Thank´s very , very mutch for your concern.:smileywink:

My Lcd have 32 inches , and i can´t change resolucion of my lcd.

I already contact to sony e-support , but at today i dont have any anser.

one more time , sorry for my english:smileytongue:

profile.country.GB.title
jammold
Explorer

No problem!

Unfortunately Sony e-support may be a little slow. You could instead try calling a representative at the Sony VAIO Link Call Centre - just pick your Country of Origin from the drop-down list.

This may speed up the rate at which Sony responds to you, as e-Support are traditionally very slow :slight_frown:

Let us know if the repair went ahead and was successful - we like happy endings!

Good Luck!:smileygood_luck: :smileygrin:

andrepetrucci
Visitor

You are a Big Friend!!

Thanks one more time!!!

In portugal i say : YOU ARE 10 :laughing:

andrepetrucci
Visitor

Hello Again ,

James i already , contact by phone e-support , and they are trying help me , with sony engeniers .
I Think the problem is in vaio , but , now i just need wait for sony solution.

They tell me , tomorow contact me. :slight_smile:

:slight_frown: my english is so bad:smileysad:

profile.country.GB.title
jammold
Explorer

Hello Andre,

Glad to hear Sony have heard about the problem, and they are going to contact you about it.

Good luck!

(P.S. Your English is fine, it rivals that of many people here in the UK in fact lol)

andrepetrucci
Visitor

Thanks one more time!

i have family in golders green in uk, and some times i need talk and right in english.

kkkkkkkkkk

But my best language is absolutly PORTUGUESE lol

In portuguese:

Um grande abraço,

andrepetrucci
Visitor

Hello james,

I already , have the vaio working fine , one friend mine guive one update nvidia , and works now!!!

Thanks for every thing:smileytongue: