Join now - be part of our community!

VGC LV1S - Recovery Partition / Screen Brightness

SOLVED
profile.country.es_ES.title
stebird96
Visitor

VGC LV1S - Recovery Partition / Screen Brightness

Hello everyone,

I have a VGC LV1S that I have inherited. It has Windows 7 installed and seems to have only a few basic Sony applications installed.

I have two questions:

1) Sony Recovery Centre is not installed. There is a Recovery Partition on the hard drive but I don't know what is on it or if I should somwhow attempt to recover the system or not.

2) I am unable to adjust the screen brightness. The Sony Keyboard controls do not work and I would estimate the screen is set to full brightness - it is  very bright. Does anyone know how I can reduce the screen brightness?

Any help greatly appreciated.

Stevie

15 REPLIES 15
stebird96
Visitor

Hi again Rich,

Great news! problem in Device Manager solved.

Can I ask one last question?

I didn't know there was a TV card on the VGC LV1S as I bought the PC from a friend.

Is there anyway of watching TV? Do I need specific Sony software?

Can I access the TV functions through Windows 7?

Stevie

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi Stevie,

No sony software required just set it up in Windows Media Center - you will of course have to attach an aerial...

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
stebird96
Visitor

Hey Rich,

Just like to say a few words of thanks. My original problem plus two other niggles all resolved, professionally, swiftly and courteously.

Not sure if your are paid by Sony - but I'd like to register my sincere thanks.

Stevie

Message was edited by: stebird96

Message was edited by: stebird96

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi Stevie,

Thanks for taking the trouble to say thanks - it is much appreciated:smileyhappy:.

No, I and other contributers to the forum are not paid by Sony, hence it is rewarding when someone expresses appreciation for the support we provide.

All the best,

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
profile.country.en_GB.title
celavey
Visitor

Works like a charm. I had the same problem, but has already been fixed. Thanks. It saves me a lot of time figuring it out myself.

profile.country.en_GB.title
wilberforcep
Visitor

Hi Rich,

Thanks for the above advice.

My problem is similar to Stevie's. The problem being that I would like to replace the keyboard, but want to buy a cheap non-Vaio one. Is there any way to adjust the brightness without using the "Fn" key of the Vaio keyboard? Normal keyboards don't have that key, I think.

Also, the menu on the side of the screen of the VGC-LV1S does not seem to do much, as Stevie said. I followed your above steps, but nothing seems to have happened - the menu is still very basic and does not contain brightness controls.

Will