Join now - be part of our community!

VGC-M1 Flip keyboard

hginandon
Visitor

VGC-M1 Flip keyboard

How does it work. It says flip the keyboard up and you have Hi-Fi function...or you can view the time and date and set an timer...
But nowhere, not in the hardware or software guides do I find how this works.
At first, the wallpaper was the same as usual and I had the Hi-Fi. Then, for some reason unknown to me I suddenly had the black screen and the time and date and no more Hi-Fi.

Where can I find out how to use this feature?

13 REPLIES 13
profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

You need to pickup all the updates from www.vaio-link.com

hginandon
Visitor

You need to pickup all the updates from www.vaio-link.com

hginandon
Visitor

I downloaded all 9 updates and still am unable to find the Flip Keyboard.

I then reloaded the Hardware Manual, that shows nothing either.

Thank you for trying.

HIFI
Visitor

I ALSO HAVE A VGC-M1 AND ARE HAVING PROBLEMS WITH THE FLIP UP KEYBOARD. THE MANUAL AND THE HELP SCREENS ARE USELESS. I HAVE FOUND A KEYBOARD OPTION IN THE MAIN PROGRAM SELECTION FOR SWITCHING IT ON & OFF, BUT NOTHING ELSE.
I LOADED SOME NEW SOFTWARE WHICH SEEMS TO HAVE LOST THE FLASH MEDIA I HAVE DOWN LOADED THE LATEST DOWNLOADS AND NOW I HAVE MUSIC BUT THE ARTIST OR TRACK ARE NOT DISPLAYED. I ALSO CANNOT CHANGE THE TRACK WITH THE KEYBOARD IN THE UP POSITION, WHICH I COULD DO PREVIOUSLY.
I HOPE THIS IS OF SOME HELP, SHOULD YOU HAVE FOUND OUT ANY MORE PLEASE POST YOUR RESULTS !!!

kee-lo_

See <a href="http://www.club-vaio.com/clubvaio/mvnforum/viewthread?thread=14360" target="_blank"><span style="color: skyblue"><b><u>this</span></b></u></a> topic too

hginandon
Visitor

Thanks for your help...where did you find the keyboard on-off in the main program? I downloaded the latest downloads and still have no music, only the clock and the date on a black screen.

I have opened an e-help file with Sony and await a response, already 4 days. When I get it, I will send it to you.

I don't even think about what music to play at this time...just want any music.

HIFI
Visitor

IT IS IN THE START MENU / PROGRAMS AND I THINK IT SAYS KEYBOARD SETTINGS (I'M NOT USING MY VAIO AT THE MOMENT).

I CAN ATLEAST HEAR MUSIC BUT CANNOT SEE WHO'S PLAYING OR CONTROL IT.

hginandon
Visitor

Thanks for your help...where did you find the keyboard on-off in the main program?  I downloaded the latest downloads and still have no music, only the clock and the date on a black screen.

I have opened an e-help file with Sony and await a response, already 4 days. When I get it, I will send it to you.

I don't even think about what music to play at this time...just want any music.

THANKS TO YOU...I GOT IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GO TO THE MAIN PROGRAM AND CLICK KEYBOARD SETUP. TAKE AWAY THE CHECK WHICH WILL TURN THE THING OFF. THEN RECHECK IT AGAIN AND CLICK CLOSE. THEN IMMEDIATELY FOLD UP (FLIP) THE KEYBOARD. YOU WILL GET THE IKONS FOR MUSIC, THE CLOCK, ETC. MAKE SURE THE KEYBOARD IS FLIPPED ALL THE WAY UP. MUSIC WILL START, IT WILL SHOW SECTIONS, VOLUME, CHANGE, ETC. IF YOU STILL HAVE A PROBLEM, POST IT AND I WILL TRY TO HELP.

BY THE WAY, HAVE YOU FOUND THE FUNCTIONS FOR THE Fn KEY?

kee-lo_

:cool: