Join now - be part of our community!

VGN-BX927XP DVD DRIVE PROBLEMS HELP

profile.country.en_GB.title
toooldforthis
Visitor

VGN-BX927XP DVD DRIVE PROBLEMS HELP

I have recently acquired this venerable lump of a machine and fixed its broken hinges (a fault flagged up all over the internet). Also the DVD drive does not read or write. It is recognised in System Properties /Device Manager /CD DVD Drives but as a USB device and the power light flashes during boot and while trying to read a disk. Again this shows as a common fault on the internet but all the posts that I have seen go around in circles. Was this problem ever run to earth and a solution found? Can anyone please help with a definitive answer? Is there a software update for this drive (Pioneer DVR K16D and the update downloaded from the Pioneer site just reports "target not found" whatever that means) that works or is it a hardware fault? I have run the Microsoft Fixit DVD utility but it just suggests that the media is unreadable (not so). I did run a DVD lens cleaner anyway. Opinion was 2008/9 that this was a Microsoft XP compatibility fault. I have SP3 installed.

Once I was trying to load some software from a CD and forgot about it leaving it in the machine. Suddenly it kicked into life about two hours later and loaded a program for the first and only time.

I can see that quite a number of punters have gone into meltdown over this machine in times past not least because of dear Sony's less than helpful attitude. Is the best solution to buy an inexpensive external drive?

Message was edited by: toooldforthis

Tags (3)
1 REPLY 1
profile.country.en_GB.title
nimbystripes
Visitor

For what I have read, it is a possible hardware fault. The only thing you need to do is to have it replaced.