Join now - be part of our community!

VGN- CR21Z Battery issue

Dublin-Blondie
Visitor

VGN- CR21Z Battery issue

Hi,

My laptop battery is really bad. the heat off it is really unacceptable in my opinion. i installed software to check the temp and the thermometer read 82 idle. i burnt my leg last week on it and i'm pretty sure that that much heat isnt right because i dont use it for anything more than the net or CS2 or my kids play the sims.
also, every now and then if i'm playing a game or have a program open the computer will just turn off, it doesnt crash or stall- and yes it is plugged in and charged.. it just turns off and i have to turn it on again! its really annoying because i keep loosing work. :devil:
oh and i tried a different power supply and the same issues, whatever that means..

any ideas? i'd try vaio link but the process confuses me.

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi,

Yes it sounds like it is getting too hot if it is shutting itself down. This is usually caused by dust or dirt in the air vents and you can try to dislodge this with a can of compressed air.

If this doesn't work you can try phoning Vaio-Link support if you are still in warranty to see if they will cover this problem - or if you are brave, try removing the panel on the bottom of your vaio ( six small screws) and see if you can clean out the fan assembly.

Good Luck.

Dublin-Blondie
Visitor

boo i knew it wasn't right...

ok so i better take a look at it later. are there any major problems that could arise out of cleaning the fan assembly?