Join now - be part of our community!

wiFi disappeared Vaio VGC-LT1M

andynickname
Visitor

wiFi disappeared Vaio VGC-LT1M

I'm getting fed up with this. Today I put my Vaio into sleep mode ( not even sure if it is sleep Mode!!)
Come back to it later on and it comes back to life , But there is no wifi. there is no wifi light on side of unit, no details in device manager. I've tried restarting, then switching off the pc and turning back on after a few minutes.
Switching the wifi off and on via its switch doesn't seem to working either.
This has happened a couple of times in the past. It seems to usually come back after being turned off and left.
I keep my machine up to date via the sony updates function.

Anyone else had this , i can't be the only one

many thanks

andy

2 REPLIES 2
andynickname
Visitor

well, it's come back. I had to reset my router as well. The wireless adapter had reappeared in my device manager, but for some reason would not work. So another restart for the PC, and as soon as it did restart, I logged into my routers page and reset it. all back working.

SONY , you pride yourself as producing high quality products- I've now found other posts that relate to this same problem. If you actually care please look into this and let us know , as apparently you said you would.

put me off buying another sony.

weetoon
Visitor

My VGC-LM2E which is less than a week old keeps loosing the wifi as well, Sometimes I can get it back by double clicking on the VAIO smart network icon on the taskbar, and making sure the WLAN box is checked (although I have no idea how it comes un-checked), other times, it doesn't work, I have to switch everything off, router, desktop computer, switch back on an hope for the best. As we say in Glasgow, this computer is "all fur coat and nae knickers..." :slight_frown: