Join now - be part of our community!

VGN-FS28GP Recovery Partition

murlon123
Visitor

VGN-FS28GP Recovery Partition

Hi,
Formatted the hard drive of FS-28GP Accidentally and i have the recovery disc...Without the recovery partition i am not able to use my recovery disc...How can i get back my recovery partition back

Thanks

9 REPLIES 9
profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi murlon123 and welcome.

You should still be able to recover your system with the recovery media even though you have deleted the hidden recovery partition.

To do this insert the recovery disk in the drive while the notebook is turned on and then re-boot.
At this stage the Windows Boot Manager should be displayed.

Use the up or down keys to select 'Start Vaio Recovery Center' and press the enter key.

Follow the on screen instructions....

Unfortunately you will be unable to restore the recovery partition :slight_frown:

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
murlon123
Visitor

Hi,

I have booted my laptop from the vaio FS28GP recovery disc and i am getting error File acpiec.sys caused an unexpected error 32768 at fle 5694 in d:\xpsprtm\base\boot\setup\setup.c.

What can i do

Actually i have formatted my hard drive and made several partitions...Is there anyway to put my laptop with factory settings? pl help me out

Thanks

murlon123
Visitor

Do i need to keep my hard drive formatted and nothing should be there on the hard drive to boot it from the recovery disc...Anyway i don't have the recovery partition

Pl let me know

Thanks

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi murlon123,

It would seem that there is a problem of some sort with the recovery disk. I assume that you used a standard write and not a rewrite disk when you created the recovery media?

You could try creating an ISO image of the disk and then burn this image to disk. This sometimes works. Otherwise you can order a new set from Support.

Do i need to keep my hard drive formatted and nothing should be there on the hard drive to boot it from the recovery disc..

It should make no difference whether the hard drive is formatted or not but it may be worth setting the BIOS back to defaults, although I doubt that this will make any difference in this case.

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
murlon123
Visitor

Hi Rich, Thanks for ur reply...Actually i have the proper recovery disc and its not a rewritable DVD.

I am not sure abt the BIOS settings..But when i boot from the recovery disc, it wont look for the recovery partition ?

I am totally confused. Sony support wont put back the recovery partition if i take it to them?

Pl let me know

Thanks a lot

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi murlon123,

I am not sure abt the BIOS settings..But when i boot from the recovery disc, it wont look for the recovery partition ?

To reset BIOS defaults:

At boot Press F2 when you see the Vaio logo.

When the BIOS page loads press F9 (Setup Defaults)

Select ‘Yes’ and press enter to confirm

then press F10 Save and Exit.

When using the recovery disks your machine will try to read from the removable recovery media and not the recovery partition on the hard drive.
Sony support wont put back the recovery partition if i take it to them?

Possibly, but I guess that the cost will be high. It will certainly be cheaper to order a set of recovery media.

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
murlon123
Visitor

Hi,

If i format the hard drive again and make 2 partitions C and D , my recovery disc will work fine ...can i restore the factory settings? or the recovery disc will look the same hard drive partition sizes when the recovery disc was made...

Pl let me know

murlon123
Visitor

Hi,

I was booting the PC many times with the recovery disc , used to give different errors when i do that and finally the recovery disc went through and successfully restored my FS-28GP

The solution is TRY SEVERAL TIMES

I have the windows in C Drive which is having less space...NTFS

I have the D drive with 20gb can i merge the D drive with C?

Which software i can use...There wont be any issue? Pl let me know

Thanks

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi murlon123,

a program something like the Acronis Disk Director Suite should allow you to resize partitions without data loss, use the following link for further information on: Acronis Disk Director Suite 10.0 ..

However it's important to back up all important data first.. :wink: