Join now - be part of our community!

vgn-fz21m issue

_Luca_
Visitor

vgn-fz21m issue

I've just formatted my vaio fz21m and installed Vista ultimate on it, but i need a lot of drivers...
Pls help me out, or at least tell me what to do to recover to the previous configuration...
No, i haven't the recovery discs, and there wasn't a folder like C:\Drivers before...

5 REPLIES 5
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi _Luca_ and welcome.

Good idea to recover to the original setup until all the drivers and utilities are available for download.

Try tapping F10 repeatedly when starting up your Vaio - when you see the very first Vaio Logo screen. This should start the Recovery Utility and allow you to recover to factory settings.

If the Recovery Partition has been deleted, the only way back to the original configuration is by buying a duplicate set of recovery discs from Sony (about 30€).

:wink:

_Luca_
Visitor

And when will it be possible to get the drivers?Whe will it be available to download them?

And if i'd like to buy the recovery discs from sony? where i can find it? Only on the online store, or it's possible to find them in stores here in italy?

EDIT: ok I restored my system using the restore partition. tnx for this hint!

But now, if i'd like to install my own WindowsVista copy (the ultimate one), what i have to do for get the drivers, and put them on a disc for example? Many tnx

profile.country.GB.title
Nobody-in-particular
Contributor

Start the Vaio Recovery Utility and then select options, then select Create Support Folders and click OK

This should place a copy of the Drivers and Utilities in a folder in C:\VAIO

_Luca_
Visitor

i'm sorry man, but i can't find where select "option"... in the VRU window i can see (translated from italian, dunno if in eng is the same or not...):

• Vaio hardware diagnostic
    • Reinstall programs and drivers
    • Restore c: unit
    • Whole system restore
    • Create recovery discs
    • Clean up and data deletion utility

The option#3 looks like to just restore, not copy or let you export drivers... Pls help...

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi _Luca_

Sorry for the delay I have asked Sony for an update on when the Drivers and Utilities will be available to download.. :thinking: