Join now - be part of our community!

vgn-fz21z drivers for windows 7

profile.country.en_TR.title
taymaz
Visitor

vgn-fz21z drivers for windows 7

Hello,

After experiencing very difiicult past 2-years over Vista problems and had more than enough... and finally decided to transfer Windows 7 (32-its ACPI x86-based PC). But, here are my major problems:

(1) I have totally lost VAIO Control Center, and I do not know where and hot to re-install it?

(2) My key-board layout is not functioning properly especially Fn-Keys?

(3) Some of the Drivers are not recognised like those of SD, DUO Card-Readers/Writers ?

(4) many missing drivers but important ones are:

Mass Storage Drivers

Memory Card Reader Writer Driver (TI) 2.0G - 2.0.0.18

Memory Card Reader Writer Driver (TI) Registry Patch V_A - 0.0.1.1

Pointing Driver (Alps) 7.0A - 7.0.501.8

Wireless LAN Driver (Atheros) 7.2B - 7.2.0.215

SFEP Driver (Sony) 8.0B - 8.0.0.1

SATA Driver (Intel) (Non-RAID) 7.0A - 7.0.0.1020

I am still investigating the problems as I face each time. Hence, I would be very appreciatieve for help.

yours truly,

Tuncay

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi Tuncay,

You should have purchased an UPGRADE version of Windows 7 and you would then have retained the original software like WinDVD BD, Vaio Control Centre, most of the drivers, settings, data and the keyboard Fn Keys.

The problem is that Sony do not support Windows 7 on your model.  Most of the Vista Drivers and Utilities should install OK but you will need to find a Windows 7 compatible Graphics Driver and ALPS Touchpad Driver.  However, you will lose the preinstalled Sony software and this cannot be downloaded.  You will have to buy Blu-Ray software.

The Vista drivers can be downloaded here: -

http://support.vaio.sony.eu/computing/vaio/downloads/updates/index.aspx?m=VGN-FZ21Z&l=en_GB

When you find which Vista drivers will not work, you will have to look for Windows 7 drivers from another, newer Vaio - you could try the VGN-AW series models here for the graphics driver: -

http://support.vaio.sony.eu/computing/vaio/downloads/updates/index.aspx?l=en_GB&m=VGN-AW21S_B&os=10

:thinking: