Join now - be part of our community!

VGN-N21E/W - recently upgraded to Win 7

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
dianeak
Visitor

VGN-N21E/W - recently upgraded to Win 7

Hi guys.

I wonder if someone could kindly help me with this. I have the above laptop which I've put Win 7 32-bit on. Just did a clean install of Win 7 on my Vaio N series laptop. All seems to be working ok, but when i checked my latop under devices in the control panel, i noticed a few things.

1. it appears my laptop thinks it has a proper mouse plugged in when it hasn't, am still using the touch pad - do I need to change this?

2. an exclamation mark next to my laptop. When I right-clicked to troubleshoot, it said the mass storage controller is not installed. when I try to find a driver (by continuing with the troubleshooter), it says there is no driver?! not sure what is going on here and whether it's linked to the fact my SD slot doesn't work.

I have checked for drivers on here but there are only 2 original drivers which I have installed but they've made no difference.

Thanks in advance

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi,

If the touchpad is working OK I would leave well alone.

Yes, the Mass Storage Device will be the memory card slot and you will need to reinstall the original Vista Driver which you will find in the Original Drivers Package for your model which you can download here: -

http://support.vaio.sony.eu/computing/vaio/downloads/preinstalled/index.aspx?l=en_GB&m=VGN-N21E_W

Right-click on the downloaded drivers .ZIP file and choose 'Exract All'.  Extract to a location you can find easily (C:\Drivers?)

You will need to install the memory card driver from within Device Manager by choosing 'Update Driver' and not searching for a driver but choosing the driver to install manually.  Click on 'Have Disc' and browse to the download location of the Memory_Card Driver folder - the folder containing ti21sony.inf

:wink:

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi,

If the touchpad is working OK I would leave well alone.

Yes, the Mass Storage Device will be the memory card slot and you will need to reinstall the original Vista Driver which you will find in the Original Drivers Package for your model which you can download here: -

http://support.vaio.sony.eu/computing/vaio/downloads/preinstalled/index.aspx?l=en_GB&m=VGN-N21E_W

Right-click on the downloaded drivers .ZIP file and choose 'Exract All'.  Extract to a location you can find easily (C:\Drivers?)

You will need to install the memory card driver from within Device Manager by choosing 'Update Driver' and not searching for a driver but choosing the driver to install manually.  Click on 'Have Disc' and browse to the download location of the Memory_Card Driver folder - the folder containing ti21sony.inf

:wink:

profile.country.en_GB.title
dianeak
Visitor

This worked perfectly many thanks. I had downloaded this driver folder previously but didn't realised I had to do a manual install for the memory card to work,. You've saved me a call to Sony, thanks!

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

You're Welcome!

:slight_smile: