Join now - be part of our community!

VGN-NR11S "Photo" Screensaver problem

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
johglasg
Visitor

VGN-NR11S "Photo" Screensaver problem

I have a VGN-NR11S running Vista and have never been able to use "photo" as a screensaver. Whenever i change the screensaver to Photo a box message appears and states "screensaver has stopped working". it never seems to find a solution. Can anyone assist??

Message was edited by: johglasg

Message was edited by: johglasg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
johglasg
Visitor

Hi Rich,

Not sure if you will read this, but i managed to fix the problem.

I downloaded the Microsoft Fix It Centre, and ran the "Video freezes or crashes". It managed to fix some "codex crashes", whatever they are, and the screensaver is now working.

Thanks again,

John

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi johglasg,

Are there any error details accompanying the message "screensaver has stopped working"?

Do you by any chance have AVI or other video files in the default Photo directory? If so either move them to a different directory or try the following – found on another forum...

“Open "Windows Movie Maker", click on "Tools | Options" then
"Compatibility" tab. In the list of codecs, find "Intervideo Audio
Decoder" and clear the check box”.

You could also check whether there is an updated driver for your graphics chip on the Sony support site.

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
johglasg
Visitor

Hi Rich,

Tried all 3 without success.

As soon as i select photos as a screensaver a microsoft windows box appears saying "Photos Screen Saver has stopped working" a problem has caused the prog to stop.

Thanks for your suggestions.

John G

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi John G,

Maybe another user will come forward with other suggestions:smileyconfused:

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
johglasg
Visitor

Hi Rich,

Not sure if you will read this, but i managed to fix the problem.

I downloaded the Microsoft Fix It Centre, and ran the "Video freezes or crashes". It managed to fix some "codex crashes", whatever they are, and the screensaver is now working.

Thanks again,

John

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

That’s great news John and thanks for taking the trouble to post the solution. Hopefully it will be of help to other members.:smileyhappy:

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat