Join now - be part of our community!

VGNNW20EF Help Please

stoven71
Visitor

VGNNW20EF Help Please

Hi

This is my 1st post on my new laptop, I have a few questions Im hoping to get answered:

1. How do I get the camera [motion eye] to work, esp with msn?
2. apparently it has an ATI Radeon 4650HD, how do i check this?

Thanks in advance for all replies

5 REPLIES 5
smmx65
Visitor

hi...same as mine, only seems to have the basic intel graphics

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi stoven71 and smmx65,

Welcome to the forum.

This model could have one of two graphics adaptors – either an ATI or Intel.

System Information will provide further details – Click Start ->Accessories -> System Tools -> System Information -> Expand ‘Components’ and click on ‘Display’.

Can you also open Device Manager (from Control Panel) and Expand ‘Display Adaptors’ and ‘Imaging Devices’ and let us know what is listed and whether any device has a yellow warning triangle?

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
stoven71
Visitor

thanks for the responses, so now i know how to check the graphics card, it turned out to be the intel not ati!

still lovely little laptop!

patkenda
New

how do i turn on sony camera imaging device please

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi patkenda,

The camera should turn on automatically when an application such as Skype is launched as long as the Built-in 'Motion Eye' Digital Camera has been set as the default camera within the application settings.

Sony used to provide a standalone application such as ArcSoft WebCam Companion from which you could record and capture images but I don’t know whether this is the case with your model.

If there are still problems then check within Device Manager > Imaging devices that the camera is recognised and properties report that it is working.

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat