Join now - be part of our community!

VGNZ11N Video problems after Windows 7 Upgrade - can anyone help pls?

profile.country.en_GB.title
robertpepper
Visitor

VGNZ11N Video problems after Windows 7 Upgrade - can anyone help pls?

I've had my VGN Z11 upgraded to win 7 (after no end of Vista instability issues) and it's all good except I cant plug and play external monitors, HD TVs etc and have it properly set the displays.  I think its because there is no Win 7 driver for the Nvidia chipset - GeoForce 9300 GS - that isSony compatiable.  Has anyone else had this problem and can they suggest a solution please? Thanks

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

There is a Windows 7 update for the Z21-Series Vaios for the nVidia 9300M GS chipset.

I would give this Version 8.5.11.8684 a try: -

http://support.vaio.sony.eu/computing/vaio/downloads/updates/index.aspx?l=en_GB&m=VGN-Z21XN_B&os=10

Apologies for the long link!!

A word of warning - this driver requires the Windows 7 BIOS update to be installed and also requires the nVidia driver to be uninstalled using the nVidia uninstaller (bottom of list).

I THINK you have the same BIOS as the Z21-Series (R2169M3c) but please check you have already updated to this version before trying to run the Windows 7 BIOS Update.

This has to be carried out at your own risk - I would not mention it if I thought it would not work ....... but...... your decision!!!

:smileymischief: