Join now - be part of our community!

VGP-PRS20 s-series laptop dock

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
marcosgts
Explorer

VGP-PRS20 s-series laptop dock

I was just wondering how this dock works?

Would I be able to use my laptop docked with the screen down and an external monitor plugged in? This is how I have always used docks in the past, and I don't really want the screen to have to be up, as my external monitor is much better. However the illustrative pictures seem to show the dock as a laptop stand/usb port expander?

Tags (3)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.de_BE.title
stephanius
Visitor

I believe you can, yes. But you'll have to open the notebook's display lid to power it on. While the lid is closed, the BIOS ignores the power button to avoid the system being inadvertendly being powered up while it's in a bag.

The notebook is meant to be open while it's being operated - it can be handy to have your mail or similar on the small screen on the side. You can set the VAIO to only use the external screen and should be able to close it - if you disable sleep/hibernate or similar on lid close in the power options.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.de_BE.title
stephanius
Visitor

I believe you can, yes. But you'll have to open the notebook's display lid to power it on. While the lid is closed, the BIOS ignores the power button to avoid the system being inadvertendly being powered up while it's in a bag.

The notebook is meant to be open while it's being operated - it can be handy to have your mail or similar on the small screen on the side. You can set the VAIO to only use the external screen and should be able to close it - if you disable sleep/hibernate or similar on lid close in the power options.

profile.country.en_GB.title
ripat86
Visitor

You can, but all you may require to do first is change an option in Windows so then you close the lid, the computor deos nothing and remains on.

You could just purchase the item and return if it doesn't work as I believe you can do if purchased from Sony Online.

Message was edited by: ripatel86

Message was edited by: ripatel86