Join now - be part of our community!

vista os back up on dvd

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
sabahalain
Visitor

vista os back up on dvd

HI, I HAVE THIS VAIO VGN-NS20J/S. AT THE MOMENT ITS RUNNING TERRIBLY SLOW AND IS BEING SO ANNOYING.(I SUPPOSE THE REASON IS THE MALWARES AND MAY BE SPYWARES WHICH ARE NOT COMING UP IN THE AVG ANTI-VIRUS). I WOULD LIKE TO FORMAT IT AND RE-INSTALL THE WINDOW VISTA YET I DONT HAVE A VISTA BACKUP /REINSTALLER CD FOR THIS. PLEASE ADVICE HOW COULD I TAKE A BACK UP OF THE WINDOWS VISTA ... THE BACKUP SHOULD PROVIDE ME ALL THE DRIVERS FOR THE DEVICES ALREADY THERE.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi sabahalain,

welcome to Questions & Answers..:smileyhappy:

Your NS20J has a hidden HDD recovery partition, so as long as the recovery partition is intact you should be able to restore back to the Sony supplied Windows OS and the pre-installed applications.

To do this Start your Vaio and when you see the Vaio logo press the F10 key repeatedly, hopefully this should start the recovery process using the hidden HDD recovery partition.

Then follow the recovery instructions to complete the process..:smileyhappy:

Make sure you backup all your important personal files before starting the recovery process..:smileywink:

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi sabahalain,

welcome to Questions & Answers..:smileyhappy:

Your NS20J has a hidden HDD recovery partition, so as long as the recovery partition is intact you should be able to restore back to the Sony supplied Windows OS and the pre-installed applications.

To do this Start your Vaio and when you see the Vaio logo press the F10 key repeatedly, hopefully this should start the recovery process using the hidden HDD recovery partition.

Then follow the recovery instructions to complete the process..:smileyhappy:

Make sure you backup all your important personal files before starting the recovery process..:smileywink:

profile.country.en_GB.title
sabahalain
Visitor

I am sorry for a late reply but thanks a lot for your answer. I will try your tip.......great. thanks :slight_smile: