Join now - be part of our community!

Vista WOT

apierc1
Visitor

Vista WOT

Why does everybody seem to be banging on about Vista (waste of time), just seems like a fashion "ooh must have" and all I see is "it's not working properly", "where are the drivers" "my computer exploded when I installed Vista", Vista vista vista, boring boring boring, a laptop is best used on the OS it was configuered to use where desktops are a lot more maleable.
Ok rant over :smileygrin:

Andy

17 REPLIES 17
Resonate
Visitor

Why does everybody seem to be banging on about Vista (waste of time), just seems like a fashion "ooh must have" and all I see is "it's not working properly", "where are the drivers" "my computer exploded when I installed Vista", Vista vista vista, boring boring boring, a laptop is best used on the OS it was configuered to use where desktops are a lot more maleable. 

Hi Andy,

Total agree with you, Its because its new, Its because everyboby is banging on about how great it is without knowing the facts & of corse everyboby are Sheep caught in a rut, You definatly are not alone as i know many people who dont want to Upgrade straight away & definatly not everybody in ClubVAIO think its the best thing ever made........... :smileygrin:

staffanu
Visitor

Sorry to state the obvious:

Of course some people like to install Vista since it is the first major upgrade of Windows in a couple of years, and some people, myself included, like to see what it is like.

Also, if you think that an upgrade in inevitable in the long run: If the laptop is new and you haven't invested much time in installations and configuration so far, installing Vista now actually means less total hassle, since you'll not have to install things again when you decide to upgrade. (At least if you believe that a clean install is better than upgrading at the point you really need to upgrade.)

Then again, some people might think that it is simply too much of a hassle to upgrade now, and will rather take the probably easier upgrade later on, or simply feel they'll be happy with XP
for the lifetime of their machine. I guess the original poster of this thread is in this category.

Staffan

eagle-eye
Visitor

Hi Andy
I totally agree, i'm still learning XP.
One question i have is, when they redesigned the Forum, why didn't they create a VISTA section, so that people who arn't interested, don't have to read about it? :thinking: :thinking:

mattymellor
Visitor

Got to agree I was one of those sheep, but I chose to do a clean install of Vista Ultimate on my TX2XP After 1 Day I Formatted and went back to Windows XP SP2 what a pain in the backside Vista is !! Are you sure you want to Run this ?? do you Really want to install this program ?? this driver !! etc etc of course I Want to run the program thats why I clicked the icon.

I personally found it very tedius and all the questions every time you want to do anything just did my nut in. My Notebook has a nice ""indows Vista Capable" sticker on it well My AV Mode buttons didnt work so I had to go to my computer and right click the DVD drive and press eject.

At the moment I am more than happy to stick with XP for the very forseable future

profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

Andy

Haha well said, I'd not bother with Vista until:

1) DivX support comes out
2) They stop being lame with 1000 versions that no on understands
3) SP1 and all the relevent drivers come out.

Resonate
Visitor

Haha well said, I'd not bother with Vista until:
1) DivX support comes out
2) They stop being lame with 1000 versions that no on understands
3) SP1 and all the relevent drivers come out.

This is what i like Kee-Lo like me & like andy sensible talk people who actually understand why not to bother rushing in because its new. We shall prevail as everyone struggles to make things work on there Brand New Driverless System, Oh it is such a shame "O My XP is working Fine Haha".

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

SatansPuppet
Visitor

Didn't realise there was no DivX support.... I think I'll wait to install then!

profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

Didn't realise there was no DivX support....  I think I'll wait to install then!

Yeah the makers of DivX are still trying to find a solution. Personally I think it's an anti-piracy stunt by MS

Resonate
Visitor

Didn't realise there was no DivX support....  I think I'll wait to install then!

Yeah the makers of DivX are still trying to find a solution. Personally I think it's an anti-piracy stunt by MS

!!SNAP!! We seem to be on the same wave length as i posted exactly the same principle in the DivX for VISTA Thread :laughing:

That freaked me out now...................