Join now - be part of our community!

VPC-F13M8E/B screen problem

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
tonyboy60
Explorer

VPC-F13M8E/B screen problem

Hi, could anyone please help me with a problem i have with my sony vaio laptop, i always just leave the laptop open on my table,but closed the lid the other day and when i opened the lid and booted up the screen colours were all wrong and looked wired? i tapped the back of the screen on the case and it went back to normal, this only happens when i close the lid,but once i tap the back of the screen on a reboot its fine, any ideas please? Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi Tony,

This would seem to be a hardware/cabling problem with the screen. If possible try connecting an external monitor either via the VGA or HDMI port to confirm this.

I suggest that you raise a case with Support - assuming that you have managed to confirm that you are still within warranty (referring to your previous thread).

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi Tony,

This would seem to be a hardware/cabling problem with the screen. If possible try connecting an external monitor either via the VGA or HDMI port to confirm this.

I suggest that you raise a case with Support - assuming that you have managed to confirm that you are still within warranty (referring to your previous thread).

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
profile.country.GB.title
tonyboy60
Explorer

Thanks for the info, no the warranty run out 4 weeks ago, dont really know what to do now?

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi Tony,

You could contact one of the authorised Sony repairers for their opinion.

http://www.sony.co.uk/support/en/repair/asc

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
profile.country.GB.title
tonyboy60
Explorer

Hi, ok i have seen Sony replacement screens for £65.00, i was trying to find out where to find a replacement video cable and parts numbers? could anyone please help with a link etc? Thankyou

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi Tony,

Contact one of Sony’s authorised repair centers - uncertain as to whether they will 'supply only' but worth trying.

http://www.sony.co.uk/support/en/repair/asc

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat