Join now - be part of our community!

VPCCB3P1E Battery not charging

SOLVED
optical52
New

VPCCB3P1E Battery not charging

I run my laptop from the mains and have not had reason to run it off the battery

The battery is the original one supplied with the laptop about 14 months ago

Just over a week ago the info on the battery showed...84% available (plugged in, not charging)

It is now down to 80%

Do I take it that the battery is no longer any good?
If I continue to run it from the mains, should I be bothered?

thank you...

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi optical52,

I would guess that you have Battery Care function enabled at a max. charge of 80%. Check in Vaio Control Center > Battery > Power Management > Battery Charge Functions. If this is the case then the battery will not charge until it drops below approx. 79% and stops charging at 80%. You can check this out by running on battery only for a while and then attach the adaptor to see whether the battery is reported as charging.

If you plan to use the notebook mainly on mains power then it would be advisable to leave Battery Care enabled to extend the battery life.

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi optical52,

I would guess that you have Battery Care function enabled at a max. charge of 80%. Check in Vaio Control Center > Battery > Power Management > Battery Charge Functions. If this is the case then the battery will not charge until it drops below approx. 79% and stops charging at 80%. You can check this out by running on battery only for a while and then attach the adaptor to see whether the battery is reported as charging.

If you plan to use the notebook mainly on mains power then it would be advisable to leave Battery Care enabled to extend the battery life.

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
optical52
New

thank you

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

You're welcome optical52:smileyhappy:

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat