Join now - be part of our community!

VPCCW2Z1E Freezing

profile.country.en_GB.title
pebarto55
Visitor

VPCCW2Z1E Freezing

Hi all, I've had this laptop for about 3 months but recently it has began freezing in Windows 7, no blue screen or anything just locking up. Only resolved by a hard reboot which will fix it for a short while before it happens again. I've done a complete system restore which seems to help for a while then it will start again. I've applied the bios update for the thermal issues and it doesn't seem to run excessively hot so I am a bit stumped. Any suggestions ? Thanks in advance.

4 REPLIES 4
pebarto55
Visitor

Just to update I think (hope) I may have found the problem here after getting a BSOD and reading the windows dmp file which suggested a problem with the Atheros Wifi driver. I'm not sure if it's somehow got corrupted or clashing with something else but I've upgraded to a later version and it seems to have fixed it, Fingers crossed !

pebarto55
Visitor

Nope - seems slightly better but still freezing randomly. Have now emailed Vaio support :slight_frown:

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Thanks for the update.

Let us know how you get on.

pebarto55
Visitor

Well, hopefully the last update on this. Has been fine for the last few months and I thought it had just sorted itself out as part of an automatic update but a few days ago it started again much to my annoyance. Then I realised that I had uninstalled AVG a while ago which coincided with it no longer happening and guess what, last week I though I would give the new version of AVG a go. Then the freezing started again, I uninstalled it again today and no more lock ups ! Go figure..!!

Message was edited by: pebarto55