Join now - be part of our community!

VPCEB1Z0E/B Fan always on

Tigermad
Visitor

VPCEB1Z0E/B Fan always on

Bought a VPCEB1Z0E yesterday. I am really liking it apart from one thing. Is the fan supposed to be on all the time? It never turns off on mine and is quite annoying when the room is quiet and I am surfing.

Even when idle the fan still goes. Should I return it?

4 REPLIES 4
BrianVAIO
Visitor

Bought a VPCEB1Z0E yesterday. I am really liking it apart from one thing. Is the fan supposed to be on all the time? It never turns off on mine and is quite annoying when the room is quiet and I am surfing.

Even when idle the fan still goes. Should I return it?

I hope this isn't another CS-type issue. (See http://club.vaio.sony.co.uk/clubvaio/gb/en/forum/viewthread?thread=59310)

Zasados
Visitor

I've got exactly the same problem with my VAIO EB series. I suppose it's only a problem with BIOS, but it's really annoying and nobody is doing anything to fix it.

profile.country.sv_GB.title
anhkans33
Visitor

I am having the same issue with my brand new VPCF11Z1E. Had it sent to England and repaired (do not know exactly what they did) but the problem more or less persists. The fan is on all the time.

profile.country.sv_GB.title
anhkans33
Visitor

Hi,

I am having the same problem. The laptop as such is really good, but the sound of the fan is  annoying. I sent it back to England to be checked, but apparently everything was OK. This was of course very disappointing, since the fan is on more or less all the time. I decided to buy a notebook cooler, which made things a little better. I am still waiting for a final solution...