Join now - be part of our community!

VPCF11Z1E driver wanted

profile.country.nl_BE.title
sibosma98
Visitor

VPCF11Z1E driver wanted

Hey, I just recieved this machine and wiped the Win 7 Home Premium.
then I installed Win 7 Enterprise as I will be using this computer for company purposes.
Everything works, except the wireless lan driver doesn't want to be installed, I have downloaded the driver from the support page.
when I browse to that folder, nothing happens
Windows Update did not find any driver either
I am using the workaround method "have disk", but then I get tons of possible atheros or gigabyte drivers that are in the INF of the downloaded driver.

what wifi card is used in this machine?

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.ro_GB.title
dacastr7898
Visitor

If the Atheros driver didn't work the Wireless is a "Intel Centrino Advanced-N 6200 AGN".

At least that's in my case.
You can do a fast search for the driver on the Intel website and find this:

http://downloadcenter.intel.com/download.aspx?url=/18212/eng/ICS_Ds64.exe&DwnldId=18212〈=eng

For the Wireless Utility to go with it look around over there.

Seeya

profile.country.ro_GB.title
dacastr7898
Visitor

Hey almost forgot , maybe you got a solution to my problem(s).

Does this model have or not backlit keyboard, if so, how do i turn it on? Sensor didn't turn it on even covered.

Do the function keys work now? after installing another os besides the Home preinstall?

Also, you installed the 64 bit version of Win 7 Ent.?

When I installed Win7 Ulti. 64 bit, part of the sony utility programs were installed in the 32 bit program files folder.. don't know why, they all should have been for 64 bit. Let me know of your experience, how can I get this all together.. At this point I don't have Automatic brightness available, no function keys, no shortcut keys, no backlight on the keyboard..... Kind of pissed since I got my VAIO, didn't have a chance to enjoy it yet. If i forgot to mention, same model - VPCF11Z1E

Thanks, Seeya around.

profile.country.en_GB.title
jifairh
Visitor

I thought my backlight wasn't working but have just realised it will only work when dark enough and i am using keyboard.It fades after 20-30 secs. if the keyboard is not being used. It also has to be pretty dark to operate at all.         Hope this helps.