Join now - be part of our community!

VPCF22M0E Web Cam Problem

SOLVED
kyleisthebatman
Explorer

VPCF22M0E Web Cam Problem

Hi all,

Hopoing someone can help as cannoty find solutions anywhere! My built in webcam on my laptop (VPCF22M0E) is working, but it is REALLY REALLY dark/grainy picture, depsite playing with options. Device manger shows camera as a USB 2.0 camera, drivers appear to be up to date - software on the machine is ArcSoft's webcam companion 4 which is up to date... can anyone help me trouble shoot this!?

thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
Nobody-in-particular
Contributor

Hi kyleisthebatman, launch Arcsoft Webcam Companion 4 then click on the webcam icon. On the right click on either the WebCam settings icon or press Ctrl + W on your keyboard then in the settings click on Advanced. Gain and backlight comp should increase the brightness but can also distort the overall image but you can play around with the other settings until you are happy. If you mess up you can always click default and then start again.

Have you tried moving your Vaio into a brighter room to see if that improves the image?

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.GB.title
Nobody-in-particular
Contributor

Hi kyleisthebatman, launch Arcsoft Webcam Companion 4 then click on the webcam icon. On the right click on either the WebCam settings icon or press Ctrl + W on your keyboard then in the settings click on Advanced. Gain and backlight comp should increase the brightness but can also distort the overall image but you can play around with the other settings until you are happy. If you mess up you can always click default and then start again.

Have you tried moving your Vaio into a brighter room to see if that improves the image?