Join now - be part of our community!

VPCL22K1E/B - Your display environment does not support protected content playback

profile.country.GB.title
simdrew
Explorer

VPCL22K1E/B - Your display environment does not support protected content playback

My brand new all-in-one VPCL22K1E/B was working fine, I was blown away by the quality of the Bluray playback.  Then, all of a sudden, the next time I try & run a BD, I get the error "Your display environment does not support protected content playback".

I've installed the latest NVIDIA drivers & searched all over the web...........

HELP!

8 REPLIES 8
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi simdrew

That message usually appears if you are trying to output the blu-ray content to more than one monitor.  This breaks the copy protection rules set for blu-ray.

Check that you have not set your video output to BOTH the Vaio screen and at the same time, the HDMI Output.  I'm not sure how you do this on your model - on a laptop you press Fn + F7 but you may have to turn off HDMI Out somehow.

If that doesn't fix it come back with further details of your system.  I presume it plays DVDs OK?  What program are you using to try to play BD discs?

profile.country.GB.title
simdrew
Explorer

After 6 hours of investigation & restoring the computer back to the original factory installation - STILL DOESN'T WORK!

1. The error is with both Bluray & DVD.

2. If I connect HDMI out to a HD TV, I get the option to switch to just TV - all works fine.

3. Switch it to monitor & it doesn't.

4. I can't find any option to switch HDMI OUT off.

5. The software I'm using is Corel WinDVD BD ver 10.

6. If I user Windows Media Player to play a DVD, it works.

I've got a nasty feeling that this is going to end up with a return to Sony!

Message was edited by: simdrew

profile.country.GB.title
simdrew
Explorer

There doesn't seem to be many people providing help / assistance in this forum!

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Have you spoken to the official Sony Vaio Support?

Not many users here may have your model.  I do not have a VPCL22 model but looking at the manual Pages 90 to 99, have you checked the following: -

1.  Have you installed the WinDVD BD update on the downloads page?  It's fairly old from April 2012 but these programs sometimes do not update automatically.

2.  What happens if you press Windows + P to toggle the display?

3.  Is your system set to use Multiple Monitors?

4.  Which version of the video driver do you have installed?  Is it the Sony version 8.17.12.6970?

5.  Have you made any other changes to the system?

If nothing here helps and nobody else here has had the same problem then, as your Vaio is within Warranty, you should ask Vaio Support to provide a solution or fix it if there is a fault.

Support (at the top of this page)

Online Support

Contact Us

Vaio and Computing

Enter your Vaio's Serial number to get ways to contact Vaio Support

:thinking:

profile.country.en_GB.title
V-Woman
Explorer

You can only use 1 screen for copy protected material and if you leave HDMI cable connected to lappy after selecting TV screen then will not play back on your monitor....saying that have you checked via your Corel software for update?

Corel.JPG

profile.country.GB.title
simdrew
Explorer

Thanks for your reply, but this is not a laptop - it's an all-in-one with a 24" inch monitor.  I appreciate that the motherboard is probably based on a Vaio laptop, but I have no need to connect an external monitor / TV with the HD monitor that this is built inside of

V-Woman
Explorer

Apologies "simdrew"....... should have said my All-In-One, but was on my lappy at the time, which incidentally has everything on it same as my All-In-One...both (HD/Bluray) were same situation and same message as you got originally......resolved mine after update.. I am pretty sure from Corel.

Good luck and hope you get it sorted very soon.:smileycool:

ShashawBlack
Visitor

I faced the same problem and was fixed by only re-installing Radeon drivers.

Sometimes this type of problem occurs due to corrupt CHipset drivers.