Join now - be part of our community!

VPCS11X9E no output on docking station DVI port

profile.country.en_GB.title
newt_othis
Visitor

VPCS11X9E no output on docking station DVI port

I cannot get the laptop to output on the DVI port of the docking station (It's a compatible VGP-PRS10).

It's definitely NOT a hardware issue as have tried it with another S11 and docking station.

Clean Win 7 install and Intel graphics drivers. Works fine on the VGA port, but need the DVI to work.

Can't do a restore to factory as the HD was replaced after a fail and the recovery partition was not on the new disk (Thanks, Sony). (And the other S11 mentioned above is out of the country, now)

Any ideas? Do you think there's a special order to install all the Sony extras to get it to work?

I have tried with a similar Vaio S12, that has a NVidia graphics chipset. Clean Win 7 install and NVidia drivers, works straight away.

Thanks

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.en_GB.title
newt_othis
Visitor

I would like to put out a big thank you to everybody that helped with this problem.

ESPECIALLY the members of Sony Vaio support who, on three separate occasions, were unable to point out that the VPCS11 with an Intel graphics chipset is NOT compatible with the DVI port on the PRS10 docking station.

(See page 92 of the user manual, guys)

Please note that NOWHERE on the Sony Vaio website is this fairly major point noted.