Join now - be part of our community!

VPCYB3V1E

profile.country.en_GB.title
alandogg
Visitor

VPCYB3V1E

Hi folks :

Looking for latest bios. geting white screen and having to reboot. all fine outwith windows hardware wise, current bios is R0190Z7 THANKS

Message was edited by: alandogg

4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi alangogg,

R0190Z7 is the latest and only BIOS update available for this model.

http://www.sony.co.uk/support/en/product/VPCYB3V1E_G/updates

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
alandogg
Visitor

Hi Rich912,
I beleive the bios is causing the issue of white screen, I have tested all hardware outwith the OS under a stress test and the system hardware seems fine, Win 8 & 7 both cause white screen or green screen and locks. I had the system in test playing youtube videos and the system crashed to green screen. could hear the music still jitterring in the background but had to force reboot.~

Downgrading the bios in this model possible?

Forgot to mention the link...
http://www.sony.co.uk/support/en/product/VPCYB3V1E_G/updates

No direct bios link or old versions available. would need to reflash the bios via dos due to the system being unstable so cant use vio care for update 😞

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi alangogg,

This model was released in the last quarter of 2011 and to the best of my knowledge we have had no reports of this problem. If it was a general BIOS issue I’m sure that it would have been highlighted before now.

You mention that the problem is evident with both Win 7 and 8. With Win 7 is this with the factory installed OS? With Win 8 is this following a migration (as opposed to a clean install) from the factory installed OS followed by the Sony upgrade kit?

Sony only provides BIOS updates on the Support site. A Sony service partner may be able to assist with flashing the original BIOS.

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
alandogg
Visitor

Hi Rich,
Thanks for the reply. The os is fresh install (Not migration) on both win7 & win8. I have used the original image on the HD and also a seperate install disc on a new hard drive to eliminate the os or hd being the issue. A sony service partner would charge a silly price for a simple procedure which I can do myself (Electronic technician for 27yrs) and should be available in the public domain as does firmware for other manufacturers & sony products IE ps3, psp etc. If there is no reported issue with the bios and the current bios isn't corrupt then it only leaves a dodgy GPU or duff mobo :(