Join now - be part of our community!

Warning to the intruder that just hacked me in Club Vaio

profile.country.en_GB.title
tonybeard
Explorer

Warning to the intruder that just hacked me in Club Vaio

I was logged into this forum only and someone caused a 99% CPU commit to my Netscape browser processes. Do that again and I'll contact the CU and abuse.com. Plus I should mention I was in the Aussie SAS for most of the 1990's so I have good hacker tracking friends that will lead me to you just like that dick that hacked the Pentagon.

27 REPLIES 27
profile.country.de_DE.title
seb21__
Visitor

What do want Tony. Somebody has hacked your Computer?

tonybeard
Explorer

Well what can I say I'm usually here for sharing information not all my secrets. However I'm not stupid enough to keep my banking details or patented information on the hard disk. It was a definate hack because my system is perfect at the moment so any intruder is noticed because I keep my CPU processes window open at all times and I was being either keylogged or scanned from the browser Netscape. I'm still committed to Nortons for a year should I get Zonealarm?

hldomster
Visitor

you could disable norton firewall and use zonealarm. I amn confuse as to what has happened here. Somone couldnt hack your PC using club VAIO. they use telnet software.

tonybeard
Explorer

It is weird then maybe it's the firefox setting in Netscape cause the hole because my CPU was 99% working hard doing something in Netscape and I almost lost control. Does alarm warn you of an attempted intruder then?

hldomster
Visitor

With ZA you have to manually say yes or no to all incoming or outgoing connections (you can select remember this decision). It's certainly a good firewall. BTW my CPU runs at 100% frequently, when im runniong a few apps.

tonybeard
Explorer

Maybe Netscape was resetting itself or something as it was the only program running bar the background. Thanks for the reassurances. I feel better and more confident now. Cheers

Jay1
Visitor

all i can say "it was'nt me". what norton do u have. Norton should of warned. check the setting

Eugenepang
Visitor

i used zone alarm security suite.. you can set all inbound n outbound connection to your pc.. and it also give you an idea what is what..

cleo2006
Visitor

How do u set inbound and outbound connection to your PC?:smileyblush: