Join now - be part of our community!

Warning to the intruder that just hacked me in Club Vaio

profile.country.en_GB.title
tonybeard
Explorer

Warning to the intruder that just hacked me in Club Vaio

I was logged into this forum only and someone caused a 99% CPU commit to my Netscape browser processes. Do that again and I'll contact the CU and abuse.com. Plus I should mention I was in the Aussie SAS for most of the 1990's so I have good hacker tracking friends that will lead me to you just like that dick that hacked the Pentagon.

27 REPLIES 27
TheCrow
Visitor

Zone alarm is not good ! very easily to bypassing !
use Sygate www.sygate.com

why you use NetScape ? use IE ( and config the security option ) or FireFox

:handshake:

kee-lo_

Hi Tony,

Honestly I don't think the attack came from Club VAIO.

Why? Because your IP address isn't anywhere in the public view (that would mean someone would have had to hack CU's account) Also you don't have specific details to your PC on this site.

Again I think this is a coincidence that someone was hacking you at the time of using CV. Make sure your friewalls are up to date.

I should sincerly hope no one would hack a user on this forum, and if they do then it would be great if your friends in the SAS would track him down and make an example of him.

So unless someone's broken a weak password of anyone of the admin pannel I think it's pretty safe to say it wasn't a CV user.

It's a real pain when this happens though.

Eugenepang
Visitor

How do u set inbound and outbound connection to your PC?:smileyblush:

aha.. good question.. :wink: the thing is i knew i can set the inbound n outbound.. but..... i never set it before coz i had no idea how to set or what to set it :smileygrin: :smileygrin:

GBS
Visitor

Hi Eugene

Here is a site which can test your firewall and it includes advice on how to improve it.

Web Security

HTH

Hi Tony

Lets hope it was just a process which caused the problem and that you have no further problems.

tonybeard
Explorer

Thanks for the help. My brothers computer is wide open but mine is OK. He will get the patch management programs needed. I think it is because he uses P2P programs.

kee-lo_

Tony

There's an update for Netscape too

tonybeard
Explorer

I have 8.01 is there an update for this?

Eugenepang
Visitor

Hi Eugene

Here is a site which can test your firewall and it includes advice on how to improve it.

Web Security

HTH

Hi Tony

Lets hope it was just a process which caused the problem and that you have no further problems.

yeah good one.. it detected my internal IP address ( routher).. is it ok?

GBS
Visitor

yeah good one.. it detected my internal IP address ( routher)..  is it ok?

Yes, as far as I am aware they are safe. I use them regularly because it looks like some spyware can somehow open the incoming IP....

You just need to configure your firewall to block /hide the internal IP

Milo2201
Visitor

you need a cane toad in a box ..covered with feathers..well it works for me..what part .? au we came from .longreach ql..the warm part.at the toe part of the banana..so bos cro iq ?..or were you in the 90s in the sydney madi..au hackers they couldnt have been native..must be the greeks..they dont get out much..after shaving granny twice a day..? hackers must have been a mistake..aol and norton will auto detect in some config us/irl and have the details of remote aol servers..at the window after inbo connection tried to make with **..with warning do not track or find.. not adviced..wonderfull aol..norton internet seq is possible best over the counter package..but has to be set up with the windows seq package..auto detect other 3rd party fire/*
then your safe?:smileypig: :smileyflag: redskins