Join now - be part of our community!

Warranty Number ?

XXJASONXX
Visitor

Warranty Number ?

I have a laptop VGN-FE21M purchased last year, when I try to register for e-Support it fails due to the request for a warranty number. I've searched through all the paperwork that came with the p.c. and still have the box, but I cannot find the warranty number.
Could someone point me in the right direction please. I have a manual with "Warranty" written on the front but it is a booklet with no obvious unique number for my system !

6 REPLIES 6
littlebucko
Visitor

hi i have asked e-support what you can do
i will get back to you with the result
(have you tryed entering the s/n number?)

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

when I try to register for e-Support it fails due to the request for a warranty number.

Hi XXJASONXX,

Have you purchased extended warranty.?

If not then do not enter anything into the Warranty / Insurance Contract Number:, instead just concentrate on filling in the boxes marked with a red * (mandatory field)

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi Littlebucko,

Thanks for trying to help butI don't think E-support is meant to be used for asking questions for other members..

Please only contact e-support if you have a problem with your Vaio..

We, the Club vaio Expert/Moderators have procedures in place to escalate problems should the need arise.. :wink:

littlebucko
Visitor

i have been asked by e-support to ask as i e-mailed them first

XXJASONXX
Visitor

Yes I have entered the serial number (which I know works as it detects the make and model), but won't progress to the next screen. 😞

Yes Thalmus - I did put an entry in all other boxes and left comments blank - but still no joy !

UPDATE:
Many thanks to 'Steven' from eSupport who telephoned today and managed to register my laptop today. All appears to be working now !
Never found the root of the problem but resolved in any case.
Thank you to members for their help also.

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

You're welcome.. :slight_smile: