Join now - be part of our community!

Washed out colour???

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
julius0202
Visitor

Washed out colour???

Hi there. I have recently purchased a new VPCEB2Z0E/BQ running windows 7 home premium 64 bit pre-installed. I have noticed however that the colour is really really washed out and looks horrendous in general and especially if you are watching a blu-ray. However, the strange thing is that if you connect it to my tv using the hdmi connection the colour looks wonderful. Is there a setting in windows that is causing this or is it something in the sony bloatware that is causing it? Any help would be much appreciated.

I have noticed that on occasions when windows first boots up the colour looks fine, then all of a sudden the screen will flash and then the colour will change to the washed out effect?

Thanks

Aaron

:slight_smile:

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Anyways i found the solution... well it worked for me!!!!

Firstly  i changed the monitor type in device manager to pnp monitor using  update driver... let me search for updated driver, not search  automatically.

Secondly i removed all the ati software.

Then  i restarted the computer... let windows install the updated driver it  found online (which comes from ati) using device manager again and  update software button, search online.

Thirdly i went into display  adapter settings in control panel...  clicked advanced and looked for  the colour management button. then go into this and with the three tabs  at the top... devices, all profiles and advaced... click on the  advanced.

change the field that says viewing conditions to system default, mine was on just srgb viewing conditions.

Make sure they all say system default while u r there.

When i restarted,  the screen looked so much full of colour and none of that washed out effect. It has been fine ever since.

I  don't know if this will work for u. I havnt bothered to download any of  the catalyst software off the ati site as i don't use it... i'm not a  gamer, just a music listener and surfer so tweaking the graphics is not  really my cuppa tea lol 🙂

Let me know if it works for you m8

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
PeteDavies71
Explorer

Sorry I can't help, but I've got a new VPCF12MOE and have exactly the same problem.  My screen looks terrible and is very washed out !

I've downloaded the latest nVidia drivers but this didn't change anything.

Can anyone else help please ?

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi Aaron,

have you downloaded and installed the VAIO Control Color Setting 1.5 ColorMod - 1.5.2.05211 update available for your vaio.?

julius0202
Visitor

Hi there. No i haven't downloaded anything, i have tried to stay clear of all the vaio display setting stuff... this is what is causing it from when i took it out of the box. I would rather windows and ati control the display, i have never had an issue in the past with windows causing problems like this.

I had a 20 minute online chat discussion with a technical support agent from sony about this issue... all he kept telling me was to restore the bloody thing... he couldn't seem to understand that the issue was from the minute i got it out of the box. 

Firstly i changed the monitor type in device manager to pnp monitor using update driver... let me search for updated driver, not search automatically.

Then i restarted the computer... let windows install the updated driver it found online (which comes from ati) using device manager again and update software button, search online.

Thirdly i went into display adapter settings in control panel...  clicked advanced and looked for the colour management button. then go into this and with the three tabs at the top... devices, all profiles and advaced... click on the advanced.

change the field that says viewing conditions to system default, mine was on just srgb viewing conditions.

When i restarted,  the screen looked so much full of colour and none of that washed out effect. It has been fine ever since.

I don't know if this will work for u. I havnt bothered to download any of the catalyst software off the ati site as i don't use it... i'm not a gamer, just a music listener and surfer so tweaking the graphics is not really my cuppa tea lol 🙂

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Glad you've managed to find a solution Aaron and thanks for sharing..:smileycool:

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Firstly  i changed the monitor type in device manager to pnp monitor using  update driver... let me search for updated driver, not search  automatically.

Then  i restarted the computer... let windows install the updated driver it  found online (which comes from ati) using device manager again and  update software button, search online.

Thirdly i went into display  adapter settings in control panel...  clicked advanced and looked for  the colour management button. then go into this and with the three tabs  at the top... devices, all profiles and advaced... click on the  advanced.

I  don't know if this will work for u. I havnt bothered to download any of  the catalyst software off the ati site as i don't use it... i'm not a  gamer, just a music listener and surfer so tweaking the graphics is not  really my cuppa tea lol 🙂