Join now - be part of our community!

Watching HD files with Intervideo

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
macorni19
Visitor

Watching HD files with Intervideo

Hi guys,

I downloaded some mp4 HD files and was hoping to watch them using my Intervideo WINDVD BD player.  However, this wasnt possible.

I read the help pages of Intervideo and saw that this should be possible using an 'open-file' icon.  The problem is there doesn't appear to be any option on my menu to open files as described in the Intervideo help.

I have attempted to look at the properties to ID the version of Intervideo I have with no luck!

I regularly use Vaio updater and am it tells me that I dont have any updates ready - I assume I must have that latest version of Intervideo if this is the case.

Does anyone have any ideas why my version doesnt seem to allow the open-file process?  Or how I can upgrade to get access to this facility?

Thanks in advance for your time! 

(If you need specs I have a Vaio VGN-FW41ZJ with Blu-Ray player, running 64 bit windows 7, approx 18months - 2 years old)

Matt

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi Matt,

Unfortunately the version of WinDVD BD is a special cut-down version of WinDVD 8 for Vaio use only and is missing several features found in the commercial versions.

Sony provide this version free to enable Blu-Ray playing functionality.

:slight_frown:

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi Matt,

Unfortunately the version of WinDVD BD is a special cut-down version of WinDVD 8 for Vaio use only and is missing several features found in the commercial versions.

Sony provide this version free to enable Blu-Ray playing functionality.

:slight_frown:

profile.country.en_GB.title
macorni19
Visitor

Hi Blencogo,

I thought this might be the case, which is a shame!

I'm using another player now to watch the clips and its works great which is the main thing!

Thanks for the reply.

profile.country.GB.title
jumpsuit
Expert

Just for anyone else who may have similar trouble watching Matroska files or other HD:

http://www.videolan.org/vlc/ and its free :slight_smile:

(Video may skip / pixelate here and there though if PC is an old or less powerful model)