Join now - be part of our community!

Web button / Quick access web.

profile.country.en_GB.title
rossyriot
Visitor

Web button / Quick access web.

Hello I've just purchased a Sony vaio the number is :

SV-E1511C5E

It has three buttons : assist , web and vaio.

I have a query about the 'web' button.

My friend has a vaio and when he pressed that button his vaio launched quick access web.

Now, when i press mine it starts windows and opens my browser. Whats the point in that feature? its just the same as me turning on the PC and loading the web browser. I think the quick access web is a great feature but i don't seem to have it.

could this be because my vaio doesn't support it? or can i still have it? i would appreciate some help

Thanks Guys!

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi rossyriot and welcome.

Unfortunately, I can't find detailed specifications for your model - these are missing from the Vaio website - so I can only talk from experience of other models.

I assume that if your model has a 'WEB' button, it supports Quick Web Access.

Quick Web Access only works if your Vaio if fully turned off - if it is turned on, then it does as you say and launches the default web browser in Windows.

Make sure your Vaio is not in Sleep or Hibernate mode but fully closed down and press the 'WEB' key.  This should open an initial setup screen which you need to complete.  When setup is completed, the WEB button will open the QWA Browser when pressed as long as the Vaio is shut down.

If it goes to Windows and opens the default browser when it is shut down, you can try reinstalling QWA or give Vaio Support a call.

:thinking:

profile.country.en_GB.title
rossyriot
Visitor

Hey Blencogo.

Thanks for the reply, yeah my vaio was fully turned off. When i first pressed the web button it loaded up a screen with some text, which was detailing something about partitions, then did what it was doing automatically and didn't give me any options to do anything and then just booted windows up. There was no internal setup screen or anything of the sort. Vaio support is currently closed and therefore if i don't solve the problem i will have to give them a ring tomorrow.

But surely it should work, because otherwise its just a pointless button?

could it be to do with that fact i installed windows first? someone said it may be that? but i cant see it being that.

as for reinstalled the QWA, i never had anything that enabled me to install it in the first place, so how would i go about trying to reinstall it?.

sorry about the questions. regards, Ross