Join now - be part of our community!

webcam companion 2 with windows 7 upgrade

profile.country.en_GB.title
lesleece
New

webcam companion 2 with windows 7 upgrade

Hi is anyone having problems with webcam companion 2 after upgrading to windows7. When I try to use the "Monitior"function and magic-i visual effects loads at the same time I get the message that another program is stopping the application from working. It will also not email me when motion is detected even though I have set up settings correctly. I have contacted Vaio support and so far all they have told me to do is uninstall and reinstall webcam companion program using vaio Recovery Centre. I have pointed out to them that if they look at their own support pages they will see that Vaio Recovery Centre is no longer available after windows7 upgrade. Their latest response was to send a screen shot of the message. I am still awaiting areply. I also find that if I use the "record" function in webcam companion there is no option to use the internal microphone, this is greyed out in settings. I have emailed arcsoft and they suggested a reinstall. This is impossible after using the windows7 upgrade disc.
It seems that any preinstalled software can not be uninstalled and reinstalled using the windows7 upgrade. Not a good situation.

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.fi_FI.title
Akith.
Visitor

Hi! I have same kind of problem with my Vaio's integrated webcam. i'm using webcam companion 3. But my problem is that whenever I use my webcam in skype or in webcam companion it works for a while and then disconnects the camera for no understandable reason? And after that it says on the USB devices that "Unknown device" and I cannot use my webcam until I boot my machine. I contacted Vaio support and they told me to reinstall the whole system. I hope there is a easier way to fix this. I cannot even find any updated drivers for webcam to Vaio F (VPCF11Z1E).