Join now - be part of our community!

When i turn on my wifi button on my sony vaio i get blue screen of death

profile.country.en_GB.title
confuscious
Visitor

When i turn on my wifi button on my sony vaio i get blue screen of death

when i turn on my wifi i get the blue screen of death and then i get put out of windows to the vaio boot page and it loops and tries to boot but cannot.

if i dont turn on wifi everything is fine. I can use a usb modem that works but would like to sort out this problem.

thanks for your help.

my computer is a vgn-s2xp 1 gig of ram 1.8 mghz pentium( R )m sony vaio

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Are you still running XP?

You can try downloading the latest Intel Wireless LAN Driver dated 10 Nov 2006 from here: -

http://www.sony.co.uk/support/en/product/VGN-S2XP/updates

It may help if your current driver is corrupted but it could be a hardware fault.

Try turning off the automatic re-boot and make a note of what is shown on the Blue Screen - this will give information on the fault.

1. Navigate to the Control Panel in Windows XP by left-clicking on Start, followed by Settings and then choosing Control Panel.

2. In the Control Panel window, open System.

Note: In Microsoft Windows XP, depending on how your operating system is setup, you may not see the System icon. To correct this, click on the link on the left-hand side of the Control Panel window that says Switch to Classic View.

3. In the System Properties window, click on the Advanced tab.

4. Locate the Startup and Recovery area and click on the Settings button.

5. In the Startup and Recovery window, locate and uncheck the check box next to Automatically restart.

6. Click OK in the Startup and Recovery window.

7. Click OK in the System Properties window.

8. From now on, when a problem causes a BSOD or another major error that  halts the system, the PC will not automatically reboot. Rebooting  manually will be necessary.

:thinking: