Join now - be part of our community!

Which dvd goes with the W1

tresoula
Visitor

Which dvd goes with the W1

.I'm not so enthousiastic anymore about this comp. as I was in the shop. But I have to live with it at leat 3 years.
Can somebody tell me if I have to use dvd+ or dvd-. I read everything but I cannot find anything about this.
In the device Manager the cd/dvd-rw is mentioned only as cd/dvd-rom.
Thank you in advance.

6 REPLIES 6
paddy_uk
Visitor

It's the - format for DVD R/RW disks for all W1 rigs.

This link will give you the specs for all Sony computers so just check yours & you'll see that is states the - format.

http://www.vaio-link.com/common/umbrella.asp?S=5005&L=uk

tresoula
Visitor

Thank you very much for your quick answer.
Do you also have an answer on my second question? Because also these specifications donnot mention the name of the drive. Is it indeed Matshita UJ-810?
Greetings

paddy_uk
Visitor

Thank you very much for your quick answer.
Do you also have an answer on my second question? Because also these specifications donnot mention the name of the drive. Is it indeed bad word UJ-810?
Greetings

In the Device manager it shbould list the model of drive that's installed when you click on the DVD drive. If it doesn't, then you should use Belarc Advisor as it will tell you all the info about your PC & it's components & the likes. You can download Belarc Advisor from:

http://www.belarc.com/free_download.html

Just download, install & run. Then look at the info listed about your PC & you will find out the exact drive model that you have.

profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

.I'm not so enthousiastic anymore about this comp. as I was in the shop. But I have to live with it at leat 3 years.

Sorry to hear that - I was a bit weary of it when I saw it in John Lewis this week, I thought "this isn't Sony's best".

paddy_uk
Visitor

Sorry to hear that - I was a bit weary of it when I saw it in John Lewis this week, I thought "this isn't Sony's best".

Totally agree kee-Lo. It could have been a much better rig had a bit more thought gone into the components .. .such as the graphics for a start. A proper graphics card ...even the Radeon 9200 would have made this a much better rig.

profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

Absoutely! I would have got it if the graphics were better, it would have been a killer rig.