Join now - be part of our community!

why does Sony send me my login credentials before sending me my notebook?

SOLVED
profile.country.it_IT.title
dotcoma
Visitor

why does Sony send me my login credentials before sending me my notebook?

I received an email telling me I am now a confirmed member of Sony Style. They sent my serial number, too. But not my notebook yet. Isn't this quite stupid?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.en_GB.title
tweety2b
Ex Commander (Was always on)

Hi,

Yes this is standard process when you buy from www.sonystyle-europe.com

At the same time as your unit is prepared for shipment, auto registration is applied.

This means that Sonystyle is using your purchase details to automatically create an account with Sonystyle/My Sony.

Thanks to this you are automatically in our system in case you need to call or contact us if anything happens to your unit.

I suppose it is better then having to go through the registration process yourself. Consider it time gained you can now spend on your newly bought unit which will arrive soon 😉

Kindest regards,

Nico

Nico Henderijckx
(ex-Sony employee - fanboy forever)

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Wait and see when your Vaio arrives.

Both are probably sent together - but the Vaio takes longer to arrive.

:thinking:

profile.country.en_GB.title
tweety2b
Ex Commander (Was always on)

Hi,

Yes this is standard process when you buy from www.sonystyle-europe.com

At the same time as your unit is prepared for shipment, auto registration is applied.

This means that Sonystyle is using your purchase details to automatically create an account with Sonystyle/My Sony.

Thanks to this you are automatically in our system in case you need to call or contact us if anything happens to your unit.

I suppose it is better then having to go through the registration process yourself. Consider it time gained you can now spend on your newly bought unit which will arrive soon 😉

Kindest regards,

Nico

Nico Henderijckx
(ex-Sony employee - fanboy forever)