Join now - be part of our community!

Win7-32bit upgrade.

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
smehta
Visitor

Win7-32bit upgrade.

Hi,

I am trying to upgrade my WinVista-32bit to Win7-32bit and have come with the following message at upgrade-installation: **   Uninstall   - DisplayLink Core software v4.3 to 4.5   **.

In the Add/Remove programs  the driveris listed as ** DisplayLink Core Software   DisplayLink Corp  107mb **.

!) Is it OK to remove this driver in order to proceed with the installation of Win7-32bit?

2) After removal of the driver and installation how do I reinstall the driver on Win7-32bit?

All replies/suggestions  appreciated.

S Mehta

Message was edited by: smehta

Message was edited by: smehta

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Yes, I would go ahead and uninstall it.

You have to do this to install Windows 7.  If you have a problem uninstalling, try it in Safe Mode.  Come back if you have problems as some of the older versions of this software are difficult to uninstall.

:wink:

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Do you connect external monitors by USB?  Or do you use a USB Docking Station with a video output?  A SONY VGP-UPR1 perhaps?  

I believe  you do not need these drivers when using Windows 7 as they are built  into the new OS but presumably you have an installation disc for the SONY VGP-UPR1 and can reinstall from this if needed.

If you do not have a USB graphics output it is not it is unlikely that you need this application.

smehta
Visitor

Hi

I don't have a USB monitor or a Sony Docking station.And I assume Sony VGP-UPR1 is for the docking station.

In order to proceed with the upgrade it is safe to remove this driver and just go ahead with the installation of Win7-32bit upgd.

Thanks for your reply,

S Mehta

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Yes, I would go ahead and uninstall it.

You have to do this to install Windows 7.  If you have a problem uninstalling, try it in Safe Mode.  Come back if you have problems as some of the older versions of this software are difficult to uninstall.

smehta
Visitor

Will come back if I have any probs.

Thanks for your help,

S Mehta

:slight_smile: