Join now - be part of our community!

windows 7 build 7601 this copy of windows is not genuine

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
maxrobin
New

windows 7 build 7601 this copy of windows is not genuine

I upgraded my vgn-ns11js laptop from vista to windows 7 home premium, using Vaio Supplement dvd as supplied by Sony P/N OKEU001 DE-OKEU001-41350-9C2-5534.

After Windows update Service Pack 1 I started to have the following warning at bottom right of screen 'windows 7 build 7601 this copy of windows is not genuine'. This warning disappears on restarting my viao, but often returns if laptop is left idle.

I still have all the packaging and Product Key as supplied to me from Sony and do not believe Sony would send me a not genuine upgrade.

Any sugestions or fix would be welcome

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
binbash

Hi Maxrobin,

Can you try to reactivate the copy of Windows using the key you have?

By going to the Start button, clicking run and running the following command   slui.exe 4

If that doesnt work, maybe try this? http://windows.microsoft.com/en-GB/windows/help/genuine/submit-request

Hope that helps

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
binbash

Hi Maxrobin,

Can you try to reactivate the copy of Windows using the key you have?

By going to the Start button, clicking run and running the following command   slui.exe 4

If that doesnt work, maybe try this? http://windows.microsoft.com/en-GB/windows/help/genuine/submit-request

Hope that helps

maxrobin
New

Thanks Binbash,

I have in the past re-entered my Product Key, via the Sony supplied discs, but that did not work.

Today I used the RUN 'slui.exe 4' command you sugested above, it leads to a telephone number (UK 0800 01808354) and then after entering the required data from my laptop generates 9 number blocks to entered.

All seems OK so far. I'll let you know if the 'widows 7 build 7601' reappears - it can take several hours (or days!)

fingers crossed regds maxrobin