Join now - be part of our community!

Windows 7

frankinfrance
Visitor

Windows 7

Hi
Ihave just run the Windows 7 upgrade advisor report for my VGN-AR61M and under Devices it states that the nvivia geforce 8400m gt is not compatible. How do i update the driver for windows 7, so that i can upgrade when i am ready?

7 REPLIES 7
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi frankinfrance and welcome.

I would expect your existing Vista driver to work with Windows 7. I am sure users of the AR61M have already installed Windows 7 without problems.

There are already Windows 7 compatible drivers available for the 8400M GT from

www.LaptopVideo2go.com

but I would delay using a third party driver and hope that a Sony driver will be released before you upgrade.

:wink:

cymic
Visitor

I just installed Windows7 on my AR51M. It has a gForce8400m chip too.
I installed the actual Video-drivers for Vista from the support site. No Problems, they work fine.

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Thanks cymic.

Welcome to Club Vaio by the way!!

:slight_smile:

cymic
Visitor

...a bit more help.

Expect some problems wenn installing Windows7 on a VGN-AR (AR51M in my case):

- gForce8400m is identified as VGA-Adapter.
Sollution, as said before: Use the Vista drivers.
(nVidia-Factory driver will not recognize the chip)

- Cardreader-device will not be recognized.
- Funktionskeys (Volume, DiscOut, "Fn-Keys" S1, S2) will not work from scratch.

For the last points, and also for the "Sony-Logo-Lamp" check out this 2 links:

http://multidisciplinary.wordpress.com/2009/02/03/windows-7-x64-on-sony-vgn-ar51su-drivers/
http://www.funys.net/2009/08/28/sony-vaio-function-keys-and-windows-7/

For Windows 32bit (as in my case) the links will work too.

I just haven´t got the S1,S2 to work. I don´t know the driver/utility that is responsable for this.

ferrislfc
Visitor

anybody got any idea where to find the driver for a texas instrument PCIxx12 integrated flash media controller ?

Checkulatius
Visitor

i found respective drivers for TI PCIxx12 Card Reader Device for 32 and 64bit versions of Windows on an Acer support site. Worked for me on a nr22m but i guess there are risks using drivers from different systembuilders than the original one.

i am waiting for windows 7 64 drivers since mid august btw since i have an msdn licence. sony apparently isnt too eager to get them published or placing a hint on when they are going to be nor on the fact that most vista drivers will work. fn keys only partly work, S1 and S2 still dont. Any driver suggestions?

profile.country.en_GB.title
zilrakst
Explorer

Where from I can get windows7 64bit drivers for nvidia geforce 8400m gt?

Can anybody post link?

Thank you