Join now - be part of our community!

VPCEE2M1E clicking noise and keys not working

profile.country.en_GB.title
Maxien78
Visitor

VPCEE2M1E clicking noise and keys not working

I have only just bought this laptop and have previously owned a Sony Vaio which is why i chose to buy another Sony, however i hate it already! My previous excellent experince has been tianted by this one.

The keys on the laptop dont register when i press the, i have to almost bang on thekeys to get them to work and even the they still dont work properly. This has been happening since day one! I use my lapto a lot because i am a studenan writing up essays and reports is difficult and time consuming whe i have to keep going back and checking that the keys have registered...even typing this i have had to correct it several times....its annoying and i doubt me banging on he keys is helping much either but i have no choice.

Also there is a metalic kind of sliding then clicking noise that happens periodically that is coming from the inside of the laptop.

Any ideas on a solution? I bought the laptop 25th Sept and its been doing this since i bought it.

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

I don't think there is a simple solution.

It sounds like you have a hardware problem with the keyboard or its cables and it may need replacement.  In theory you should be able to take it back to the seller and ask for a replacement within 28 days of purchase if it is faulty.

Not sure about the clicking - hard drive problem perhaps?

Alternatively, contact Vaio Support and ask their advice.

:wink: