Join now - be part of our community!

Windows 8 hid my Blu-Ray

profile.country.en_GB.title
TheMick2010
New

Windows 8 hid my Blu-Ray

All in One Desktop model PCV-A1111M

After upgrading from Windows 7, 64 bit, to Windows 8 pro, 64 bit, I have lost my Blu-Ray.

I opted for saving my files and settings.

In device manager it does not show unless I show hidden devices.

When I show the properties it says this device is not connected!

Any ideas?

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi Mick.

Check for the correct model - you will find it on the screen surround somewhere.  The model you are quoting is the chassis model which is not a valid model and will be shared by several models. You will need the correct model to lok for downloads and support.

I would guess you have something like the VPCL11S1E/S if it is the touch screen model.with Blu-Ray.

Unfortunately, it doesn't look like this model is fully supported by Sony for an upgrade to Windows 8 and you will have to wait and see what drivers Sony make available in due course.

I would guess that you will need to install the Chipset Driver to get all devices to work.

You may have lost WinDVD BD which is the blu-ray player software - in any event, I don't think it is compatible with Windows 8 as Sony seems to be replacing it with PowerDVD on all supported models.

You can either wait to see what Sony make available or revert to Windows 7 until things are clearer.

:thinking:

profile.country.en_GB.title
TheMick2010
New

Hi Blencogo,

thanks very much for your very helpfull and informative answer to my post.

I have now found the model no, on the base of the stand, and it is as you say the VPCL11S1E.

A further question, if I may, how would I go about obtaining and insatlling the Chipset Driver?

kind regards

Mick

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi Mick.

Hopefully Sony will release the Chipset Driver when they provide Windows 8 Drivers.  It is a matter of waiting.

It may be available on the Intel website but I would wait for the Sony release.  Keep an eye on the Sony Support website for your model here: -

http://www.sony.co.uk/support/en/product/VPCL11S1E_S/updates

:thinking: