Join now - be part of our community!

Windows MCE 2005 Activation Problem

djrayon
Visitor

Windows MCE 2005 Activation Problem

I have reinstalled my computer many times ... as i usually do with my pc's ... and now i have an error :slight_smile: ... with activation.

6 REPLIES 6
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

I'm afraid you will have to phone Microsoft to activate your product. They are very secretive about how many times you can reinstall with a single key. They will ask a few questions to satisfy themselves that you only have this key on ONE machine and why you have installed the system so many times.

If the key is genuine and you only have it on one computer, I'm sure they will activate over the telephone.

You can also get this message if you have changed the motherboard or processor as the activation process thinks you are installing it on a second machine.

As you have nothing to hide, give them a ring. If you cant find the freephone number just click on Start -> Run and type in: -

oobe/msoobe /a

this will bring up the screen you posted above.

:wink:

djrayon
Visitor

i already thought that i should find a crack ... if there is any :slight_smile: ... for mce ... (dont know i always own my win :)) ... but thanks :slight_smile:
i phoned them ... its 2:35AM here and they didnt answer ... thats a suprise. coders and helpers are sleeping also. anyway ... ill try to phone them on a working day

profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

Hi,

Please do not discuss warez, cracking or hacking on this forum, it's an official Sony forum.

You should be able to get a key from MS as long as you explain your case.

djrayon
Visitor

sorry ... i have NEVER cracked a win ... and i will never post something related to cracking ... because im a programmer i dont like software stealing so .... i buy my soft as i want my soft to be bought.

profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

No problem, but people can be easily persuided it's a good idea, when it isn't

skykit84
New

No problem, but people can be easily persuided it's a good idea, when it isn't

I had this coming up after most likey the 20th install
Its def more than 10 and less than 30 (I hope because i've only had it since october!)