Join now - be part of our community!

wireless keyboard not working

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
iadalgl
New

wireless keyboard not working

I have a VPCL11S1E using win8. Earlier this week the keyboard stopped workig. I have tried the reset, re-booting, checking for drivers, instaling updates when found etc. Still no keyboard. The light under the wireless symbol on the keyboard blinks slowly,unless the reset button is pressed when it flashes rapidly. How do I get my keyboard back?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi iadalgl and welcome.

A slow flashing light means that the connection is down. The faster flashing light means the keyboard is ready to connect.

Have you followed the connection instructions in your User Guide Page27?

To connect the wireless keyboard, it must be located within a range of 30 cm to 1 m from the computer.

1. Make sure the supplied two AA batteries are properly installed.

2. Turn on the computer.

3. Slide the power switch on the back of the keyboard to the ON position.

4. Press the CONNECT button (1) on the bottom of the keyboard.

5. Press the CONNECT button (2) on the back of the computer while the connect indicator light is blinking rapidly.

The rapid-blinking connect indicator light turns off when connection is established between the computer and the keyboard. If not, repeat the procedure.

The connect indicator light blinks rapidly for about one minute to indicate that the keyboard is ready for connection with the computer. If no connection is made during this period, the indicator light goes blinking slowly to indicate that the connection is down.

Let us know if that works.

:thinking:

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi iadalgl and welcome.

A slow flashing light means that the connection is down. The faster flashing light means the keyboard is ready to connect.

Have you followed the connection instructions in your User Guide Page27?

To connect the wireless keyboard, it must be located within a range of 30 cm to 1 m from the computer.

1. Make sure the supplied two AA batteries are properly installed.

2. Turn on the computer.

3. Slide the power switch on the back of the keyboard to the ON position.

4. Press the CONNECT button (1) on the bottom of the keyboard.

5. Press the CONNECT button (2) on the back of the computer while the connect indicator light is blinking rapidly.

The rapid-blinking connect indicator light turns off when connection is established between the computer and the keyboard. If not, repeat the procedure.

The connect indicator light blinks rapidly for about one minute to indicate that the keyboard is ready for connection with the computer. If no connection is made during this period, the indicator light goes blinking slowly to indicate that the connection is down.

Let us know if that works.

:thinking:

profile.country.en_GB.title
iadalgl
New

Hello Blencogo

Thank you for that. I either never knew about the button on the computer or forgot about it. The trouble with referring to the manual is that no manual comes with things these days they are all on PDFs and I for one do not read them at all like I used to consult proper manuals they get lost in the file system and forgotten.

Regards

Iain

It was not the keyboard but the cordless mouse that stopped working correctly. I have replaced it with a Logitech wireless one. The Sony replacement was far to expensive.