Join now - be part of our community!

Wireless on/off closing lid

oscy
Visitor

Wireless on/off closing lid

Hi I got a question regarding the wireless network...

As soon as I close the lid on my SZ1, the wireless network I'm connected to will disconnect... Before I had to make a complete recovery it didn't do this... I'm guessing it's just a setting that's wrong but does anyone here know what it is?

The only setting i can find regarding closed/open lid is the "when i close the lid do..."
and I've chosen "do nothing"... And i've also chosen for the computer to never shut down or go into hibernation while it's connected to the wall socket..

Any ideas? Kinda annoyin havin to have the lid open to keep downloads "alive" during nights etc...

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.en_GB.title
@5528097000005097
Visitor

Hi oscy

Welcome to Club Vaio!

Did you re-download all the updates after the system recovery?

The WLAN driver, among other updates, needs to be installed manually from the update file in Vaio(C:), double click on all updates in turn and follow instructions to install.

You will need to reboot several times during the process

If you've already done all of the above, please come back with as much staus info as possible on your system ie. OS, updates etc.

There are several issues with Vista at the moment, there always are with new OS's

Hope you get it sorted :slight_smile:

oscy
Visitor

Regarding the update thingie... if I go to the "Vaio Update" page, the only update I haven't downloaded and installed is the "Sony Video Shared Library 3.1.00.10240"... for some reason when I hit "update now" the scroll just moves up to the top of page but no download starts... but the wireless doesn't have anything to do with that update does it?

All other updates have been installed so they aren't listed on the update page anymore...

But i can't remember having a specific update for the WLAN... the one's i remember are:

bluetooth, nvidia, audiodriver, eventservices and one more update after the recovery...

so should I go and redownload the preinstalled drivers, was that what you meant?

And fyi, i'm running the win xp professional that came with it...