Join now - be part of our community!

Wireless Optical Mouse Problems

JohnGray
Visitor

Wireless Optical Mouse Problems

Hello To All Vaio Users.

Laptop Model: VGN-A317M

I put the batteries into the wireless optical mouse that came with it and turned it on.The red light is showing pressed connect.It doesnt seem to work.What have i done wrong or do i need to do something to be able to use it?The model no of the mouse is:PCGA-WMS5.I only bought the laptop yesterday as my 4 month old vaio desktop is being repaired .

3 REPLIES 3
Eugenepang
Visitor

You need to also press connect on your laptop, the button which look the same as the button on your mouse is located at the bottom of your laptop.
First press connect on your mouse and press connect on your laptop within 1 min or less..
its should be in your manuals.

JohnGray
Visitor

Many Thanks for that info.I only briefly looked at the manual with regards to optical mouse wireless connection.It mainly mentioned about the hard wired Ps2 type optical and track ball.Perhaps i should of read it all.And not skip bits.

My main concern was to get the laptop up and running asap with all the additional software i need as my vaio desktop was in for repair.

On about repairs have you ever come accross a hdd with a complete failure- Status bad ( back up and replace ) before.
This was after a recovery that was completed,remove disk bla bla bla.On a desktop less than 4 months old !

Many thanks my friend !

Eugenepang
Visitor

Err nope.. (touches wood) so far the worst i get on my 5yrs old laptop is some bad cluster.. thats all..(touches wood) and hope it stayed that way.. :smileygrin: